Intro from NJ

strudel

Hello to all! Just joined the site after reading for a while. I've been in a poly situation for about five years without really realizing it. My husband and I have been married almost seven years, and decided early on that we were OK with a don't-ask-don't-tell type of relationship, and neither of us are hung up on the details.

I've explored casual sex and fairly meaningless relationships with partners but ultimately have found the most joy and fulfillment from developing loving relationships with partners. So, I guess I'm poly by accident?

Current relationships: Married to J; partner to E (married); long distance relationship with H (married)

I look forward to learning from the folks here!

Greetings strudel,
Welcome to our forum.

It doesn't sound like you're weighted down with a bunch of rules which is good, but always consider "weighing yourselves down" with safer sex rules! I suppose it's different when you've been with a particular partner for a long time and know you can trust them, but, just be careful out there.

Perhaps you figured out you were poly by "trial and error?"

Anyway, take some time to explore our threads and boards and see what calls to you. Post whatever thoughts, questions, or concerns you feel inclined to share, which will usually get multiple responses but if you get "lost in the shuffle" (it's a bustling site), post a fresh post and get yourself back to the top of the New Posts queue.

I'm glad you could join us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back