Recreational Nudity

in the last few years i've been making a big effort to get comfortable in my skin as i find it extremely bizarre to experience the loathing of ones body i have experienced, growing up with eating disorders & body image/self esteem issues. While i understand intellectually/psychologically very well the varied and multi levelled reasons i may have chosen to adopt this understanding regarding my body, i still find it fundamentally bizarre and at odds with everything i feel is natural for me. After doing a lot of the usual healing things re body stuff i decided gettin about nude was a good way to challenge these distorted fews i had head on. I started going swimming naked at a local water hole, with a male friend of mine (former lover, but now just fabulous friend) and it was SO challenging at first it made me laugh. I had this whole dialogue going in my head the whole time, where my 'old ideas' were coming up and then some kind of 'observer me' was challenging those thoughts, breaking them down to their pieces and figuring out they were essentially b/s. It was so refreshing to find myself forgetting that i was nude and just being relaxed with my dog & my mate. It was also really great to be allowed to experience nakedness in a completely non sexual way. It was so new and felt strange. Which is odd it was so strange. Our bodies are sacred & so much more than just about our sexuality and my experience of nudity on these occasions demonstrated to me the backward messages a lot of my community has regarding the amazingness of our bodies. They are so brilliant and complex that they deserve to be worshipped on so many levels. I then went and got some nudes taken by a local photographer, kind of to honour my body.. Love getting around nude or basically nude around the house in summer by myself, & came close to going in the World Naked Bike ride this year, but still gotta way to go i think-as i get more and more connected with body, and love more and more every bit of me- i'm glad summer is just arriving here in oz, so its actually viable to 'hang out with your wang out' (even tho i'm a chick and have no wang-i just wanted to say that. Lol) So i say three cheers to nudism! As its natural, we're perfect, it makes sense, so why the hell not..

Hi, PurepleDreamer. Could you please edit this to include some paragraph breaks and white space? Text this dense is hard to read.

Thanks! And welcome to the forum!

After leaving an abusive marriage, the self confidence about my body has returned. I love it. (not the only one ;)) I only wish Ouroboros and I had a place to hang out naked for a whole day... especially outside. That would be fantastic... he has a really cute butt and I could ogle it in the sunlight.

We did find a nice space outside this weekend for a short bit of time when he came to help me with some fieldwork. Without spilling all the details, it was Fantastic!:cool:

Neon....we went to Coventry once, talk about a beautiful area...what an awesome place. Friends of ours (swing) actually got married there, in the summer of 09'. It only took us about an hour to get comfortable, and off the clothes came. What an interesting wedding it was, as most could imagine. They had a wonderful buffet that night and a dance, and we were welcomed in, like family. We will be going back this summer, we enjoyed it that much.
:) Candi

We don't go there anymore. I talked about how I don't want kids once and the owners emailed me saying I was no longer welcome there. Of course, that is MY side of the story. Bill and Susan would probably say it a little differently. They would say I had a "loud, vulgar" conversation at their beach area and that they had "complaints" from people who were "deeply offended". :rolleyes: It is a very lovely piece of property though.

We go to Abbott's Glen now instead. You should try them out sometime. The owners do not have things crawling up their asses; if they have an issue with me, they tell ME, instead of smiling and waving then sending passive-aggressive emails and not even asking for my side of the story. But guess what? They don't HAVE "issues" with me (except last summer I kind of hogged the maple syrup because it's so good - i wanted to use it to glaze my chicken at dinner-time). So maybe that should tell something... Plus, they have a Finnish sauna and their hot-tub is actually HOT instead of luke-warm like Coventry's, and they are open all year round. :cool:

Last edited:
We're as nude as temperature and circumstances permit around here.

We used to be c/o around my kids but when they were old enough they asked us to stop so we respected their wishes & did when they are here.

It's cold as heck here right now & we don't control the temp in our apartment so we usually have something on in order to combat the temperature in the winter months.

I've visited one c/o resort locally. I rather enjoyed it. My kids did too, lol, the ex not so much.

I don't know if I wrote this already, but I hate wearing clothes when it's hot and I hate even more wearing a bathing suit when swimming.

We used to go to Abbott's Glen like, almost every weekend during the summer, but for a variety of reasons we've had to scale back on that and have only gone three times in the past two years. I'm planning again this year for the 4th of july long weekend, and that's going to be my OMG-pamper-myself-and-get-drunk vacation.

I used to walk around naked all of the time.
In the years since I got married and added more kids to the mix-that's changed.

But-I definately prefer naked over dressed!

I've never been skinny dipping-I can't even imagine trying it here in freezerville. I wouldn't have titties anymore! They'd freeze and fall off!

I haven't had the opportunity to check out a c/o resort :( I look at them online a lot...
I also haven't been to a c/o beach :(

I gotta get out of this God damn frozen wasteland!!!!!!!!!!

I've never been skinny dipping-I can't even imagine trying it here in freezerville. I wouldn't have titties anymore! They'd freeze and fall off!

So.... what are you saying? A bathing suit keeps you warm? Or you must wear a neoprene wet-suit when you go swimming.

So.... what are you saying? A bathing suit keeps you warm? Or you must wear a neoprene wet-suit when you go swimming.

LMAO-
no swimsuits wouldn't be warm enough-I don't go in the water here. ;)
A neoprene wetsuit is probaby what it would take to get me swimming outside here.

I'd much prefer nude-but they don't allow it at the public pool (which is in the highschool).

;)

I checked out the link to the place you talked about earlier in the thread. Looked really cool.

I don't really do naked except when having sex or showering... partly because I have a few unresolved issues with body image, but mostly because I like wearing nice, clean clothes. Really, I do. And I love snuggling up in loads of warm layers when it's cold.

LMAO-
no swimsuits wouldn't be warm enough-I don't go in the water here. ;)
A neoprene wetsuit is probaby what it would take to get me swimming outside here.

I'd much prefer nude-but they don't allow it at the public pool (which is in the highschool).

;)

I checked out the link to the place you talked about earlier in the thread. Looked really cool.

Another good reason to go to Vermont is that there are no state laws forbidding nudity. A few towns have anti-nudity ordinances, but those are mainly aimed at "lewd and lascivious behaviour", in other words, people (usually men but not always) "cruising" for sex. The Naked in Vermont Yahoo Group is basically a bunch of guys looking for hook-ups with other guys, especially the owner, even though they pretend to get mad at COUPLES when COUPLES come on the group saying "Hey where can we go so that my wife can blow me and someone might "accidentally" catch us". They yell at those people but when some guy "accidentally" posts about the size and circumcisionary status of their penis, it's all "Tee-hee! We can't ignore that the sexual aspect of nudity is a fundamental part of humanity! Tee-hee!" and the post doesn't get removed until EVERYONE has seen it, because we all must know what so-and-so's penis is like.

I left that group but I check it every now and then for lulz.

I don't really do naked except when having sex or showering... partly because I have a few unresolved issues with body image, but mostly because I like wearing nice, clean clothes. Really, I do. And I love snuggling up in loads of warm layers when it's cold.

I like nice, clean clothes as well. The thing with naked is that there are MORE clean clothes to choose from when you go out if you don't wear them at home ;).

I like nice, clean clothes as well. The thing with naked is that there are MORE clean clothes to choose from when you go out if you don't wear them at home ;).

Don't get me wrong, even though I'm wearing nothing but a sports-bra and slippers right now, I will put on a ton of clothes if I'm cold. Usually it gets cold at night at Abbott's no matter how hot it was that day (not the case last summer although we only went there for the 4th of july weekend) and it is not uncommon for everyone sitting around the campfire to have at least half of their bodies covered.

I generally enjoy having clothes on. Nothing to do with being self conscious or anything. I enjoy my body. But I feel comfortable in clothes. I wouldn't mind going to a clothing optional place some time though. I'll certainly add it to my list. I doubt there are many places, if any, in England though. Especially when 11 months of the year are too cold to even wear as little as a single t-shirt. =P Haha. Maybe I exaggerate a little. ;D But a good reason to get out of the country some time. =]

I am naked even as I type this...but don't tell anyone....shhhhh

4thofjuly12.gif

Just Me,
Tim

;)SHHHH! So are we. We have been nudist way long than we have been Poly but we enjoy both just as much and we always carry our towel.:D

Nudity is definitetly related to weather. Since moving to Brisbane Australia we have literally become semi-nudists, only properly clothing ourselves to go out. It's just too hot for clothes at home. Nudity can be a distraction however so a sarong is usually the ensemble dujour. Unfortunately mine are mostly see-through so I have to remember that in apartment living you can't just duck down to the garage without getting properly dressed.

Sorry if this seems insensitive given the cold that most of you are living through, but too hot can be just as bad as too cold. Not that I've ever been too terribly cold.

Nudity is definitetly related to weather.

Yes we agree 100%. During the winter we wear our clothes just like everyone else but int he summer we like to enjoy the sun as much as we can and where we live there is a lot of summer heat. We do make sure to wear hats. NO need for a burned head.

I enjoy semi-nudity. Not because I really have an issue with my body that prevents me from enjoying total nudity but I do have several intimate piercings that tend to snag when left uncovered lol. And I am perpetually cold natured. I enjoy wrapping up in soft, warm clothes-- or blankets or shawls or warm bodies! I am very free with changing in front of others or showers/bathing with friends. But during everyday tasks I do enjoy a bit of coverage!

Back