Love Language Profile

Bummer, didn't work for me :)...Couldn't see your results

here is the test for others to play with

http://www.afo.net/hftw-lovetest.asp

I scored physical touch as my primary - which is no surprise
I scored a tie for my secondary between "acts of service" and "quality time"

I would agree with that. I am a touch feely person for sure, I need that. But it can be offset in a pinch. I can survive without touch if I have the others. :)

Last edited:
Test Results:

Percent Language Score

17% Words of Affirmation 5
27% Quality Time

13% Receiving Gifts 4
20% Acts of Service 6
23% Physical Touch 7

I thought it would be words of affirmation THEN acts of service. Boy was I wrong! lol

Bummer, didn't work for me :)...Couldn't see your results

here is the test for others to play with

http://www.afo.net/hftw-lovetest.asp

I scored physical touch as my primary - which is no surprise
I scored a tie for my secondary between "acts of service" and "quality time"

I would agree with that. I am a touch feely person for sure, I need that. But it can be offset in a pinch. I can survive without touch if I have the others. :)
You? Touchy, feely? No!!!!:p

I'm primarily acts of service. 33%
Second is physical touch. 27%
Quality time is 20%
the other two are both 10%

This isn't news to me. :)
I work really hard at accepting love given in whatever form it comes, but admittedly I got REALLY pissy on my birthday when GG gave me gifts for my birthday this year -but no card. I was so hurt and so angry it took me WEEKS to get to the point where I could even TELL him what I was thinking and feeling.
He's always given me a card or letter-which he writes lengthy things in and it's been really special to me. He thought it was so cool he could spend money on gifts for me this year. I was devastated that there was no card or letter.

Maca is primarily physical touch. He really goes on an emotional bend without that.
I'm about to the point of forbidding him to go anywhere over night "with the guys" anymore unless myself or another lover is with him-because it really fucks him up if he doesn't have that physical touch!

I think GG is quality time. But I'm curious to see what he is for sure. ;)

23% Words of Affirmation
33% Quality Time
0% Receiving Gifts
10% Acts of Service
33% Physical Touch

I'm a guy who wants quality time and lots o'touching :)

I scored!!!!! HEHE I like saying that :p

37% Physical touch ( thats a shocker ;) )
27% Quality Time
20% Words of Affirmation
13% Acts of Service
3% Receiving Gifts

OK-so for a comparison of us. :)
LR's scores:

Acts of Service 33%
Physical Touch 27%
Quality Time 20%
Words of Affirmation 10%
Receiving Gifts 10%

MACA's scores:

Physical Touch 37%
Quality Time 27%
Words of Affirmation 20%
Acts of Service 13%
Receiving Gifts 3%

GREEN GECKO's scores:

Physical Touch 30%
Quality Time 30%
Words of Affirmation 23%
Acts of Service 10%
Receiving Gifts 7%

I'm laughing out loud. They are basically-the same. Different %, but same order.
Hysterical!

Acts of Service 33%
Quality Time 33% (surprised me that this was tied, but it does make sense)
Touch 20%
Words of Affirmation 10%
Gifts 3%

Physical Touch: 33%
Acts of Service: 27%
Quality Time: 27%
Words of Affirmation: 7%
Receiving Gifts: 7%

I guess that explains why I'm not big on the "tell me you love me" stuff nor on what I call "buying love". I know that's a bit over the top with the buying love thing, but I mean that more with the parent/child relationship when parents buy kids whatever they want but don't necessarily spend any time with them (this is my ex-husband).

Test Results:

Percent Language Score

17% Words of Affirmation 5
27% Quality Time

13% Receiving Gifts 4
20% Acts of Service 6
23% Physical Touch 7

I thought it would be words of affirmation THEN acts of service. Boy was I wrong! lol

*smacks self on head*

I JUST figured out why I've been so out of sorts the last three weeks!

My work schedule has been totally out of whack. Breathes works days, I've been working nights & afternoons. I'm not getting my quality time & physical touch needs met! duh!

Most definitely!

Now that I've figured it out I'll have to figure out how to get those needs met on a more regular basis, lol until my life gets back to a semblance of normal.

*smacks self on head*

I JUST figured out why I've been so out of sorts the last three weeks!

My work schedule has been totally out of whack. Breathes works days, I've been working nights & afternoons. I'm not getting my quality time & physical touch needs met! duh!

I work days (though I do work from home now, but that only started last November, so take that as you will) and hubby works afternoons/nights. We've been doing this for 3 years now, and the two before that it was simply reversed. My results are similar to yours in needing physical touch and quality time. Our big thing is, even though he usually has to wake me up when he gets home, we always always kiss goodnight and goodbye. But it's not a simple peck running out the door, we do a huge long hug/kiss goodbye. At night it's a half awake kiss, but it makes a difference.

Days off are required to be at least 50% family time (gets our quality time in), and his evenings off we try to cuddle in bed and talk, filling both needs.

We don't have any other relationships currently and looking at this I have to wonder what we're thinking trying to venture poly, but odds are any other partners would have the same schedule as one of us right? ;) Heh, it would be my luck that one or both of us would fall for someone who works 3rd shift.

I guess that explains why I'm not big on the "tell me you love me" stuff nor on what I call "buying love". I know that's a bit over the top with the buying love thing, but I mean that more with the parent/child relationship when parents buy kids whatever they want but don't necessarily spend any time with them (this is my ex-husband).

Now there's an interesting test for a parenting class. If the parent's love language is not gifts, why are they trying to buy their kids love through gifts.

I'm beginning to think that our love languages can change a bit, not drastically mind you, but the top 3 may be able to shift over time. I have never really been a touch person, however I have noticed that as I learn my husbands love language (which is touch), I am more affected by his touch and have begun to crave it even more. My whole attitude toward touch is also shifting.

One of my top languages is "acts of service", but I find as my kids get older and can help with more and the list of overall chores decreases, my need for "quality time" takes over. I don't know if "acts of service" has always been at the top of my list, or just since having kids and a house to take care of.

I'm beginning to think that our love languages can change a bit, not drastically mind you, but the top 3 may be able to shift over time. I have never really been a touch person, however I have noticed that as I learn my husbands love language (which is touch), I am more affected by his touch and have begun to crave it even more. My whole attitude toward touch is also shifting.

I think they can also be different with different people. I have been thinking on this and may actually blog it. Logic can defeat the predisposed requirements for love language style imo.

As you age, you don't rely on your love style or language quite so much because you can understand the other side better :)

SNeacail-
VERY great observation.
Love languages do impact the relationships with children. :)

My youngest is DEFINITELY physical touch, then quality time and then gifts. She doesn't give a DAMN about words of affirmation or acts of service.

The 10 year old is DEFINITELY quality time, then physical touch and words of affirmation followed by acts of service then gifts.

The 14 year old is DEFINITELY gifts, words of affirmation. He tends to not notice quality time, physical touch or acts of service.

The 19 year old is Acts of Service, Words of Affirmation, Quality time, gifts and then physical touch.

;)

Talk about WORK to keep them all feeling loved!!!

(They are all different, then there is the GOdson and then the guys and Mimi-WHEW)

I think they can also be different with different people. I have been thinking on this and may actually blog it. Logic can defeat the predisposed requirements for love language style imo.

As you age, you don't rely on your love style or language quite so much because you can understand the other side better :)

Yes this too.

I am a good "switch" these days-but in younger years I was NOT.

I am very good at giving the 10 year old what he needs and accepting from him the way he naturally shows it.
Same with the 3 year old.
I do well with GG and Maca as far as showing them in the way they need and recieving it the way they give it (except on my bday this year).

But-those are all different.
I do NOT do well with the 14 year old.

No matter how hard I try-I just don't do well with buying love. I don't care if it's the love language or not-it's not my gift to give that type of love.

(guess I'm not that mature yet-you should fix that Ari. ;) )

Back