Hello there, from Northern Texas

Eckex

Hello,

New here, because I was looking for a community to join to discuss being in an open relationship.

A little about me, I'm 42, 6ft, slighly over weight, pretty confident, and have been told i'm rather funny.

My wife and I have been in a relationship for 17 years, married for 10 of those years, and recently decided to open the marriage.

Since opening the relationship, we have both had encounters with other people and there have been no jealous issues, we have set up a rather long set of rules, mostly to set each other at ease, safe sex, not in our bedroom, etc. However, I do have 'jealous' feeling about someone she is pursuing, while, she's been fortunate to be able to attract younger men (i feel it's much harder for older men like myself to attract younger women lol), it isn't an age thing that bothers me at all. I'm not really sure what it is, but i know she is dealing with her depression and other issues mentally, and this guy helps "calm" her, so he hangs out a lot, and I also enjoy his company. I know i'm not actually jealous, but scared, but why does this one guy scare me? :)

Anyway, i'm glad to be here, and I hope to be active in the community. :)

Greetings Eckex,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Polyamory.com is a good place to be active in, and I hope we can help talk you through whatever fears or jealousies you may have. Figuring out what scares you is an important first step.

You might enjoy Tristan Taormino's book "Opening Up," it has a lot of good information.

Glad to have you with us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back