Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 12-06-2017, 03:08 PM

I wonder if you could do the lettering on the inside of the glass and then it'll be protected from weather? If you need help and can't find something that will work or make it yourself, let me know and I'll try to figure out how to do it on my Silhouette machine for you. I have some vinyl that would probably work, I just haven't done mirror image lettering (would it need to be mirror image?) or cutting with vinyl on it yet.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:46 AM
Spaminator

I’m not sure about mirror lettering or anything. Lol I am hoping to find time tomorrow to go get a wax pencil and write on the glass with that.

I had a reporter come out and interview me and my Box (lol) will be featured in our city newspaper on the 18th. They are doing a special thing leading up til Christmas and each week they do a story on someone making a difference in the community. Apparently in the less than a week i’ve been up and running, they got 5 messages about me. Yay!

To give an idea - this is my Blessing Box after an overnight. A first look in the morning:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...sQh55DT9BpAfh4

Here it is before I went to bed tonight - I just added all of the lights. They are motion activated, so there is one on top that is always on, and then when the glass is slid open, they all pop on:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...1oJ1Zqc4Aajteb

Today was a little stressful, because as you can see this morning, we were out of pet food, which is usually stocked on the bottom shelf. That, with toilet paper, are the top two items that cycle out the quickest. I ran out of both of those completely today, which made me feel bad. Usually every 2 hours I have to put in a new tube of toothpaste and a deodorant - we ran out of those too. I had a guy stop and ask for deodorant, so I ran inside and grabbed a new one from PunkRock’s personal stash.

What is really getting to me is that 4 times today - totally not exaggerating - people who were here to take things also brought items, and told me they’ve felt really bad for having to use the Box. Of course I try to be very supportive - it’s here for everyone! - but I can tell they are bothered. People in my community have integrity. It’s pretty awesome.

We had so much in overflow from donations that I went and visited the other little pantry in town to take them some things. Their box was completely empty again. I am going to try and take them things every 2 days. So far it doesn’t seem like it will be a problem because that Box is so much smaller. We get lots of canned goods and boxed pasta that I can spare it just fine. What I need now are the toiletries!

Overflow photo from today - each of the closed boxes are full of stuff!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...aU9fzxqDckU2wz

For fun I put in a stuffed animal of my daughter’s from a box she was looking to donate elsewhere and it was gone in minutes, so I have started adding a small toy or collectible from time to time. DarkKnight has more Loot Crate toys than he knows what to do with, so he gave me a handful and those go SOOOOOOO quick. I definitely don’t want to be a toy box, but I think one or two a day in with the food makes things fun.

My new Invisalign aligners are hurting so very much - I seriously can’t stand it: I am hoping to be able to sleep tonight! The top right attachments are cutting me up something awful and eating is unbearable. I remember that it hurt this bad the first time but then eventually subsided, so I am really hoping this part is over with soon. I am such a big baby and turn into a terrible whine-ass when things hurt, and this pain is excruciating. None of our pain meds are touching it.

Me, center of a MFM V-shaped polycule (40F)
Wife to DarkKnight (41M) & PunkRockAwesomesauce (44M)

Last edited by Bluebird; 12-08-2017 at 04:52 AM.
Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM
Spaminator

Saturday’s are obviously the most popular day of the week for the Blessing Box. I couldn’t blink and it had to be refilled! Thankfully, the community had responded to my call for donations, because as often as I was refilling it, so were others. So amazing! This Box stands for hope and renewal. I am so very glad to have started this on my street!

Last night was DarkKnight’s Christmas concert, so my youngest and I went to listen to him sing. I could barely stand it - there was an organ and like an entire brass band! Every note sent tremors through my jaw and it hurt SO VERY BAD you guys. It was truly awful. I survived though, and went home and ate pizza and today things are finally feeling normal.

That said, things have been crazy today - last night a friend messaged me and begged me to go to another friend’s Christmas party, which started at 2 pm. So I ran around this morning and bought a gift for the white elephant swap and then I remembered I had to color my hair, because PunkRock’s Christmas party is tonight! Gah! So I barely made t to the party on time and then my friend didn’t go. I was bummed about that, but I hadn’t seen a bunch of the people there ina while so that was hella fun anyway. And now I get to set up a lunch date this week later on to see my friend that bailed. Lol

Tomorrow I am seeing my friend who helped me with my foster kittens. I don’t want to give her a name because I will forget it anyway here. Lol We are going to do lunch. I am trying to get a present together for her but I have had zero time. I have a date at Starbucks on Thursday with another friend, but I DO have her gift. I’m like ahhhhhhh I have too much going on! I always love hanging out with my girl friends though, they are all amazing people. <3

Right now I am waiting for someone to stop by and pick up some special baby formula. This chick requested it through the Blessing Box this morning and it was here in a couple of hours. Someone else also requested senior dog food, but they already came and picked it up. I know I keep using that word, but it really is amazing! Someone left me a card this morning that said that I was the true Blessing, and they left a giant stuffed cat. That was so sweet!

Seriously though, I need a day off because I have my own Christmas presents to wrap and get into the mail and go grocery shopping because we are out of food. Running a food Box and I personally have nothing to eat. Lmao My living room is a mass of open, empty Amazon boxes and I have zero desire to even try and pick up. As soon as this momma gets here, I am going to start dressing for PunkRock’s party. Oh! She just arrived.

Me, center of a MFM V-shaped polycule (40F)
Wife to DarkKnight (41M) & PunkRockAwesomesauce (44M)

Tags
cohabitation, finances, financial decisions, house, living situations, living together, married and polyamorous, married and polyandrous, multiple husbands, multiple partners, multiple primaries, need vs. want, negotiating boundaries, out as poly, polyandry, polygamy, shared space, shared values, sharing information, sharing resources, vee dynamics