Embracing who I am

Ladyloveall

I am 36, single, divorced with no children and I just recently moved to a new town in a new state.
The more I know of Polyamory, the more I believe that I have always been poly, but didn't know how to express it. I remember being in High School and asking my boyfriend if he would consider allowing me to pursue an interest in someone else while still keeping him as my boyfriend. To me it felt like a completely natural request, but he certainly didn't see it that way!
So I spent a lot of time having traditional relationships. I was married to a very traditional man for 8 years before getting divorced 4 years ago. When I divorced I told myself that I would try to find someone who understood my philosophy of honesty and openness, but it isn't so easy to find.
So for the past 4 years I have been single and had many fulfilling, honest and open friendships with great intimate benefits. I have played the role of unicorn and learned the very real differences between a poly lifestyle and a swinger lifestyle. My preference is for polyamory. I prefer to have real, meaningful relationships with people, regardless of any sexual intimacy.
In addition to my relationship philosophy and status, I have a very adventurous nature in life. I enjoy hiking and camping and motorcycling. I just started kayaking and learning to play the djembe. I don't do drugs, drink moderately. I meditate daily and try to remember to stay in the present moment.
So that is a bit about me. :)
Nice to meet everyone!

Hi Ladyloveall,
Welcome to our forum.

Sounds like you've done your best with your particular experiences in life, and come now from a positive space. Good on you for being open to open relationships.

I hope you will enjoy your time on the site here, there is so much to read and post, and so many new people to meet.

Glad to have you aboard!
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back