Poly/BDSM Intersection?

The pictures of my smiling face..

Titled: you guys make me smile

Could you lift your hem a little higher? I can't see your smile clearly.

Sorry I have one of thoes hem's that just do not move.. My smiling face in py pictures will have to do..

Taking vs borrowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middlegirl
Mark needs to know he can approach me about anything, .
I think the use of "anything" is clearly suspect. I mean he obviously did not feel he could approach you about the pungent panties he got all crusty and ditched in j7&j9's hamper!

I think he would have been disappointed that someone went into my room and took something that didnot belong to them.

They just borrowed them, not take them. ;-)

Now if these were edible panties, we are back to the ladies in the bake shop.
"My wiener is so jealous of my mouth."

You are so adorable. I'm ready to adopt. When you need a second Papa, you let me know.

Blind leading blind

Heh. Well if I lead you, that'll be like the blind leading the blind. :)

My favorite is when blind leading the blind is being followed by the seeing eye dog sniffing their butts.

You say that now

You are so adorable. I'm ready to adopt. When you need a second Papa, you let me know.

Lol if only that did it for me

Guilty

How much of an intersection is there between poly and BDSM? I know that this site doesn't want to focus on how we do it in the bedroom, or basement or... I'm new here and I don't want to breech etiquette, but how many here are in or have been in Dom/sub or Dom/sub/sub relationships?

Yes to Dom/sub and Dom/sub/sub and even a few Dom/sub/sub/sub/sub/sub

There was quite a bit of touchy-feely going on and lots of I love you's being thrown around and OMG I love THAT, do more of THAT!

So, you can put me down for one of the corners of that intersection.

Other folks here, as you have read by now I am sure, are not going down that road and if they see an intersection like that up ahead, they are taking a road less traveled, though I am sure they will say more traveled. They are the kind of people who go into AAA for a Triptik and say, and please make sure there are no intersections where poly crosses BDSM. I always ask to have as many of those intersections as possible, even if it requires I take a detour from the straight and narrow.

Whomever made the comment that homosexuality is an orientation at birth (only) is inaccurate. There are actually both biological homosexuals, and this orientation actually started at either two months after conception or four months after conception and is related to hormonal releases by the mother.

Environmental homosexuals have events in their lives where the choice to be homosexual is preferred to being either bisexual or heterosexual.

And example of this last is a guy who just wants a beer and a blowjob. He goes out into the dating market, gets bitch slapped by a bunch of women for asking for a blowjob and bringing her a Chardonnay instead of a Pinot Grigio
And he is crying into his beer next to another guy crying into his beer (often he brought the Pinot Grigio instead of the Chardonnay.) And they get talking about blowjobs and finally one guy says, "So what kind of beer do you like?"

If they are not too fussy about which brand of beer or whether it is in a can, bottle or on draft, they give each other blowjobs and then they get a bottle of Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio and try one, one guy says, "Christ this tastes like piss!" And the other guy says, "So, no golden showers?" (testing the waters) and the first guy says, "Hey, I didn't say anything about showers. I'm just not drinking anymore of this bottled piss!" And the second guy says, "Let's give these bottles to the lesbians next door."

The lesbians are very thankful, but when the door closes, they sort out the bottles because they handed the wrong bottle to the wrong girl, roll their eyes and one says, "Can you imagine having to drink beer!?!" And the other finishes with, "And give a blowjob!" And go find some glasses appropriate for white wine, which anyone educated in wine knows goes better with fish.

Totally environmental

These two types can be easily sorted. There are four general types of immune systems (broad brush folks, step back away from the canvas) and a woman who is heterosexual smelling these four different men' shirts will say, "These three sink, but this one smells very sexy. What kind of beer does he like?"
A heterosexual man will think they all stink and yes, too often will suggest to the girl in the room, she needs to wash them.
The biological homosexual will think one of them smells divine. He will also be able to tell which kind of beer the guy likes. Occasionally, he will turn the the girl researcher and in a catty voice says, "I suppose YOU drink Chardonnay!"

If she is really smart, she'll smile and say, "Chardonnay or Pinot, hell I'd even drink a Pouilly-Fuissé. Where did you get those shoes? They are lovely." Because she knows he probably has a boyfriend who put his cashmere sweater in the dryer and it will fit her like it was knitted for her. She might venture a, "Do you like sushi?" And if he sniffs and arches one brow and says, "Are we speaking literally or metaphorically?" She'll laugh and say, "Let me get my bag. I heard they are having a sale a Bergdorf's."

Lol if only that did it for me

Did I mention I have a gay sister? Besides, when j7&j9 get a little older I can advise them about how to best be hunted by cougars.

I am not talking about stealing you away. Renee sounds too perfect for you, for a Papa like me to be anything but supportive.

One day, my oldest called me from Stanford. She said, "Papa, I'm thinking about either dropping my major or dropping out of school." (20 kids in the room listening to this on speaker and totally silent) I told her I loved her and I would love her no matter what she decided to do. If she needed to talk and help work this out in her mind, I was always ready and in fact would drop whatever I was doing. I wanted her to be happy. I told her finding her bliss was the most difficult part of life.

19 kids called their parents and said the same thing. One constant, "You are NOT dropping out of Stanford!" They then went on to recommend changing to a Pharmacy or Accounting Major because they would have a secure future and a steady income.

I got voted the Papa they most wanted to have. Often when they needed advice, they either borrowed my daughter's iPhone or got my number and called me.

There is a great book, but I don't think you need more than the title to get it all.

Do what you love, the money will follow.

One of my parents good friends made about 20 million a year working for White Weld and drank to such excess, I was requested to give his wife biweekly massages with extremely happy endings.

This friend took up the hobby of making cane-fly fishing rods. I got invited on a trip to Alaska by another friend and couldn't go, but told my friend he should go in my place and bring some of his rods.

So they flew out west on a company jet to pick up this guy named Bill and flew up to Alaska. They are standing in the stream and Bill mentions that the rod my friend is using looks really nice and my friend hands it to him and says, "Here, you can use this. I've got a couple more in my bag."

Bill honest to god freaks out at how beautifully balanced and responsive this fly rod is (anyone who fly fishes might know what I mean) and asks my friend where he got it, and my friend told him he makes them. It's his hobby. And Bill says, "Would you make a few for me? And how much do you want for one?"

My friend has like a couple hundred million in trusts for kids, him, wife (literally gave her a trust which he called her Fuck you account, in case she could not stand to be married to him any longer), so he tells Bill, "You can have it. I've got a few here. You can take them all. It just a hobby. I give them to my friends."

Bill says "I was thinking of maybe more than a few. Would you take $1,800 for one?"

Bill, it turns out, was Bill Orvis and Orvis is sort of the LL Bean of the west.
My friend went home, quit his job, quit drinking, but asked me to keep massaging his wife, but give him massage lessons. Took a pay cut from 20 million to about $250,000 a year. Then decided working 200 days a year was too much, cut back, Bill raised the prices of my friend's rods which were on a two or three year back order. No one asked for their deposit back.

Do what you love, the money will follow.

Finding your bliss is the single hardest thing to do in life, especially in a climate of Not Enough.

Oaky now I need a drink..

Okay wow, I am dizzy...

Okay wow, I am dizzy...

Hey boys, I've got some seriously pungent panties. Should be a while before she gets her balance. And leave them in your father's sock drawer when you are done. I thinks she is on to us.

Funny you should ask about BDSM and Poly. The reason we formed our Triad was because I am into BDSM and my wife is not. We almost divorced because I was dating women into BDSM and fell in love with one. A lot of good sex with someone tends to form emotional bonds. I came to my senses and my wife realized that I was unhappy with her brand of vanilla sex. Her answer was to invite her dominant girlfriend into our lives. That lasted almost 30 years of our marriage. I had someone to play BDSM games with and my wife had her gentle lover. Typically we had a threesome first and then after my wife was done, she would leave me with her g/f for our BDSM session.

So our Triad originally started to satisfy my BDSM needs in a non marriage threatening way. So for us, BDSM and Poly intersected.

Funny you should ask about BDSM and Poly. The reason we formed our Triad was because I am into BDSM and my wife is not. We almost divorced because I was dating women into BDSM and fell in love with one. A lot of good sex with someone tends to form emotional bonds. I came to my senses and my wife realized that I was unhappy with her brand of vanilla sex. Her answer was to invite her dominant girlfriend into our lives. That lasted almost 30 years of our marriage. I had someone to play BDSM games with and my wife had her gentle lover. Typically we had a threesome first and then after my wife was done, she would leave me with her g/f for our BDSM session.

So our Triad originally started to satisfy my BDSM needs in a non marriage threatening way. So for us, BDSM and Poly intersected.

So two corners of the intersection occupied
And
Reaffirming my let the women bring the women

The fact that tons of poly groups can be found on FetLife also seems to say something about poly and BDSM intersecting.

There is bound to be a lot of intersection because both BDSM and Polyamory are counterculture. I don't think there is any other reason why they intersect. Personally I am not into BDSM as such but I find a lot of the people I get on well with are very much into it. They are much less likely to be morally judgmental of me and accepting of my eccentricities in general. That makes them great company, even if the dom/sub power play stuff doesn't work for me.

There's probably considerable intersection with GLBT for the same reason.

I think that once you step out of societal norms you have already done the hard part of shaking off the idea that there is "a" way things should be done. Once that bridge is crossed it is a lot easier for people to try new things openly and see what fits. I'd bet the venn diagram for non traditional relationship styles would be an interesting view in an honest mass survey.

Phoenix

Back