Weight loss support

I'm a big guy, I need to lose 160 more lbs, I'm averaging 10lbs a month, thinking about trying to find a cheap recumbant stationary bike, just to pick up the pace. I have to be careful not to further injure my knee.:D

I'm a big guy, I need to lose 160 more lbs, I'm averaging 10lbs a month, thinking about trying to find a cheap recumbant stationary bike, just to pick up the pace. I have to be careful not to further injure my knee.:D

I'm in physical therapy for my knees and my therapist has me doing 10 minutes a day on a stationary bike.

I doubt I'll do much more than that, at least at first, but I need to do something to help me keep up with the family. I figure my knee will let me know when to stop, I hope :eek:

As the weight comes off, it will also get easier for your knee, you may even find that between strengthening the muscles around it with the bike, and the weight loss that you will be able to do more and more!

I have lost one more pound, and am happy with that. The remaining 93 lbs will hopefully keep coming off one at a time!!!

:)

keeping with my goal.. up to 6 mins a day on the elliptical and lost 2lbs each of the last two weeks....

must be doing something right!

:)

I've not been happy with my fitness level and weight for a long time. So this online support thing might be very helpful.

I am 5'1 and weight about 230. Ideally I want to be around 130 to 150 pounds. However, if I think about losing that much, I give up. So I will try to be healthier in general and focus on losing a few pounds, over and over.

My goal for Monday is to make an appointment at my workplace gym. It's free and I'm totally embarrassed I haven't taken advantage of it.

I'm 5'3" and 240lb, the heaviest I have ever been. About 6 years ago, I was 236 and then managed to loose 60lbs and kept it off for about 2 1/2 yrs but it has been coming back ever since and now I'm back to where I started from

I have never been "thin", I was 150 almost all through high school and then dropped to 136 the summer after graduation (I was figure skating every day). Everything came back after I got engaged and then married and has been going up ever since - OK, it's all my husbands fault

I didn't lose any weight this past week, but at least did not gain any back. I was relying too much on eating out, and was making poor choices in what I was picking to eat. Tonight I am cooking for myself - ground turkey with curry and lots of veggies, hopefully will help kick me back into gear.

30 lbs.

By new years eve.. it's been 1 week and I am down 2 lbs.

I figue it took me a year to lose the last 23 lbs. So I'm working harder! That will still leave me 35lbs over weight but hopefully that will be my 2012 goal!

Recently trying to lose weight myself. Tried exercising starting last summer but ran into what I thought was a hip problem so I slowed up on the exercising. Finally got to my MD last Friday. Yes I know its terrible to avoid the doctor for almost a year, but other priorities got moved to the front burner, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, turns out I've developing Osteo Arthiritis in my lower spine. The doctor is recommending massive dose of Anti Infla..... and PT. Neither of which fits me. So I did a little research on the right exercise. Turns out I need to add and exercise ball to my routine. Specifically I need to strength the muscles right around the spine to resolve the mild Osteo Arthiritis.

My point is with Winter on the way you may wish to consider buying a 65 CM exercise ball and work on some floor exercises. I have tried these in the past and a little effort burns lots of calories.

It may help you too.

I'm with ya - I fell off the exercise bandwagon after moving, working OT at work, and just trying to figure out my time with the kids, post-divorce (not wanting to go out for a run when it's my time with them - that sort of thing). My eating habits have turned to crap. It's time to be held accountable again.

I don't have a scale, but I'll keep track of my exercise habits, mileage out on the road, and clothing sizes. Let's do this. <cracks knuckles>

Heading out for a run (plod) today at lunch. Planning to get two miles in. Feel free to menace me if I don't check in later. ;)

I lost 88 lbs of the baby weight. I'm hoping the last bit will be gone next month when I do a month of raw vegan in June. Unfortunately I always gain a ton of weight when I'm pg. Thankfully I always lose it. This 4th baby was my last

Got my plod in today - wahoo!

Thanks for reviving this thread NYC :). I was still subscribed to it and it flashed through on my email. Intro post for quick catch up as to where I am in terms of poly, (quite excited).

Anyway, Ive lost 40lbs in weight using HCG drops, and Zen's lost 20. Unfortunately they aren't legal in the US but plenty of people still manage to get them, you just have to make sure you get the real thing. There's a good HCG forum with all the relevant details. It's hard but it's the best weight loss I've ever found.: -). Will catch up on everyone's current status over the next few weeks.

Yep, the 88 lbs I list was doing hcg. I love it, no way could I have list 88 lbs in 5.5 months on any other plan. I did injections. Right now I'm doing phase 3. So far, so good.

I lost 10 pounds earlier in the year, then started working and totally stopped working out/dieting/etc.

I've managed to maintain, but this morning I started working out again. This week's grocery trip was all perimeter (produce, fresh meat, and a wee bit of dairy) and the CSA starts this weekend so I won't even have to shop for veggies much longer :)

My goal: lose another 60 pounds.

No, you take the hcg and follow a strict low calorie diet. It works by making your body use abnormal fat stores for energy. So you aren't losing the good fat your body needs. I average .5 lb per day losses. Followed by a 3 week stabilization phase that resets your body weight so you don't just have gain back.

This diet works really well for me because I like very structured diets. I went from a size 20 to a 10.

It took me 4 years to get to a weight i feel comfortable with. I find the trick is to come up with a plan to follow everyday(something you can see yourself doing everyday that is!) and reevaluating that plan each month. The hardest part is mental- the body will follow the mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back