Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 07-14-2018, 07:25 PM

Default Newbie questions and intro

Hello,
This seems like a safe space to share my feelings and get some much needed input from people that may understand this dynamic much more than myself. So I’m just going to dive in.

My husband and I met when I was 19 he was 20. We moved very quickly as young lovers tend to do. We had a baby about a year and a half later. Shortly after our son was born he admitted that he had cheated on me a few times with some random women. I was crushed, but forgave him and we moved forward. Not long after we moved in together and started our life together. There was maybe always a little part of me that was resentful of the lying/ cheating.. this had been a common issue in past relationships.. although I was young and relatively inexperienced sexually, no one I had been with ever really made me feel like I was “enough” and the cheating in this and other relationships validated that for me.

Fast forward 3 years and I found out that my then fiancée was in a whole other relationship with a woman. Now this time I was faced with a different situation, it wasn’t casual sex it was someone he was falling in love with. He got her pregnant and everything! He told me that he loved me but was falling for her too (at least he was honest). Eventually he “chose” me and broke it off with her.

Soon after this he suggested we spice up our relationship sexually. I hesitantly agreed thinking this would fix things, if I agreed to this he could get the sexual frustration out of his system without the hurt and lying. And to be honest I looked at this as a way to sort of get payback for how he hurt me. He did everything to try to make it as comfortable as possible. We started out with a threesome with his best friend. We did that quite often, and progressed to threesomes with other girls occasionally and a few swinger parties.
Old 07-15-2018, 01:56 AM
Official Greeter

Greetings Glamgirl,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

It sounds like you're just starting to have an open relationship. How are you feeling about your husband at this time? Still feeling those resentful feelings? Has he taken steps to make amends for his cheating in the past?

You've done threesomes and swinger parties so far. Do you foresee any other types of interactions in the future? Will the two of you ever date separately? Would you want to?

Let us know how we can help. I'm glad you could join us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!