I Wish my hubby was more like new boyfriend

I had to respond to this, only because I run into this a lot. Too often people read my writing in one forum or another. And when they read of my life, that I really live, they say it sounds like fantasy.

I am always amazed at how many people do not live their lives, and think that others couldn't be, because they aren't. I am not saying that to anyone on this thread, but I am always amazed that people feel that how I really live my life has to be some story I am making up.

It's the way in which you write about it. When you go into detail about the other guys, it really does read like erotica, and when we're having a discussion about counseling and talking with your husband, it feels very much out of place... to the point where the cynical side of me wondered if the questions about your husband are just a lead-in to getting us to read your stories.

I've seen your other threads, and it seems like this isn't the case. However, the flip-flop between trying to work out your issues with your husband to "Scott was playing with my breasts" and going into exquisite detail about that moment is jarring and difficult for me to context-switch around in an advice thread. I find myself tuning out instead. I don't go into advice threads with erotica in mind, and when I do stumble upon it, I will typically avoid it if it has something to do with people's real-life (since I'm not a voyeur).

That said, you may certainly write what you like (and I'm glad to see you have a blog thread). I'm just a pseudonym on the internet, and one voice of many, so I can choose to tune out if it suits me, and you can choose to keep writing. :)

Best of luck with the counseling - I'm glad you're seeing someone.

Back