Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

Wow, Mono, congratulations! I know I'm pretty new here and all, but I've been following your collective journey with interest and admiration, waiting for the news, and here it is! As you know, and DW and I have discovered, a strong foundation and commitment to superb communication goes a LONG way in navigating transitions. I wish you all the very best!

Wow, Mono, congratulations! I know I'm pretty new here and all, but I've been following your collective journey with interest and admiration, waiting for the news, and here it is! As you know, and DW and I have discovered, a strong foundation and committment to superb communication goes a LONG way in navigating transitions. I wish you all the very best!

Thanks. :) Sending those wishes right back!

I am lying in bed, next to a sleeping Mr. A, reading about Indigo's date as he messages me. Mr. A and I had a wonderful night and Indigo had a fantastic first date.

Life is good!

I am lying in bed, next to a sleeping Mr. A, reading about Indigo's date as he messages me. Mr. A and I had a wonderful night and Indigo had a fantastic first date.

Life is good!

Go to bed! I didn't give you the overnighter to waste on me!

Love ya!

Poly success story

My tall handsome young man came by for an unexpected visit yesterday morning, and my gf was just fine with chillin in my bedroom while he and I got busy in the next room. She rocks.

The waves are calming :)

We just got back from the last camping trip of the season. I felt as though this weekend marked a return to our "chosen family" feeling. Polynerdist laughed a lot and we all had fun interacting with our friends and during our private times.

We've got a big move coming up and it is nice to take on a new challenge with a much calmer sea, where everyone seems connected and positive.

On a side note, we've become quite an efficient tribe when it comes to striking camp! We've each got our roles and all look after each other. Saturday morning I watched the little guy and made coffee for PN and Redpepper, who had their sleep-in day. Sunday it was my turn to snuggle her, and Polynerdist made the coffee. Redpepper cooked some fantastic salmon and took the kids from both families to see the camp park shows while we had quiet time.

It really just flows now. It'll be interesting to see what routines we have when we live together. :)

Guinea pigs? So you bought exercise-friendly cat food? Good for you guys! Cat health is very important! They should be made to chase dinner at least once every few days. :D

Mohegan refers to them, and I quote, as:

"Grunting dustmops with rodent teeth."

Guinea pigs are so loveable, though. My son was holding them at the fair today and they just sat in his arms and let him pet them. It did wonders for him. (He's not exactly the calmest child in the world.)

I capped off an awesome weekend with my chosen family with a trip to the fair and hanging out with Derby and kids. :) After that, I napped on RP's couch while she forumed and PN played all afternoon with his son. The separate activities and sounds of people doing their own thing left me feeling really grounded and optimistic about our moving in together. I can feel how I perceive myself within their family starting to shift.

During supper, I watched their son eat and realized he was with the people he wants around him. It was a family moment that had a completeness and yet new energy for me. Their son seemed so connected to his dad today after spending the morning with me and Redpepper. He was conscious of wanting Daddy time, and they moved from one activity to another, as much like friends as like father and son. I'm taking nothing away from that bond. :)

Back