Seeking Participants in a Research Study on Polyamory

wrenwaters

Hello,

I'm a Sociology student at Rowan University and for my Senior Seminar course, Sociology of the Family, I am conducting research specifically relating to polyamorous relationships and families. The study's objective is to provide educational information on how the concepts of communication, trust, and respect, especially in correlation with the family dynamic occur within the practice of polyamory. In order to gather this information I would like to find people that identify as poly to interview and discuss their experiences.

Some of the questions I am seeking to answer from multiple perspectives of those within the community are your personal methods of integrating multiple and/or new partners into your relationship(s), methods of communication and trust that are established within the relationship, the added sources of support and conflict that are inherent within a relationship that incorporates more members than western society's "standard" of a bipartite relationship, and how pressure from the outside world (such as society and extended family) impacts these relationships.

I am interested in learning as much as possible for my research project in order to provide my classmates, professor, and possibly the sociological community as a whole with a progressive, more informed image of the polyamorous community. If you are at all interested in participating in this study, please contact me via email at [email protected].
Rest assured that your complete confidentiality and anonymity will be preserved and respected.

Back