Just Opening the door

Salttanknut

Married 13 years, mono straight male. New to messege boards and polyamory. Wife and I have dabbled in swinging for many years, but it never really fit well. Wife is bisexual. Very good friends of ours suggested we look into polyamory to see if it might resolve some unfulfilled needs that we have. It is a research project at this point. Just finished reading Opening Up, wife is reading it now. We'll see how it goes. Look forward to talking with you.

We tried swinging, too. Didn't suit me well. I have just entered a triad with my BF and his new girlfriend. Crossing my fingers we eventually gel.

I have just entered a triad with my BF and his new girlfriend. Crossing my fingers we eventually gel.
Hmm, wouldn't it make more sense to see if you gel first, before you "enter" a relationship with someone, especially a triad which is usually the most doomed form of poly?

Triad, most doomed.

Why is that do you think? What specifically defines a Triad? Can a Triad function as a married man loving but living apart from another married woman? Obviously the other partners would be aware of and approve this other union.

That would probably be termed an "N", with a relationship between each husband and wife and then the relation connecting one husband to the other wife. If relationships form between the other parties as well than you might have a quad.

A triad generally means that all 3 people have relationships with each other, usually emotional and sexual.

I'm in a "V" because I'm involved with 2 people, but they are not involved with each other beyond being friends, so that third side of the triangle isn't present.

Back