New Aussie guy

Sounds like some "little" things are of help. ("What about Bob"'s now on my to-see list, :).)

You'll like it. Bill Murray and Richard Dreyfus. A great movie.

Anyway, I've texted Gwen and we're going to meet up before her shift on the 27th. Still gotta arrange a time though. And afterwards, I'm going to a meetup with some other poly people in a group I've joined on facebook, so it all works out well.

Good to hear; all then perhaps is not lost.

And she just cancelled on me again. I'm so over this.

:eek:

Crap.

Well that stinks. Maybe the best thing is to tell her you'd like to meet up but you'd prefer if she could contact you if and when she's ready to commit to a specific date and time and stick to it. Or you could tell her nevermind about the whole thing, I certainly wouldn't blame you.

Wow.

Yeah. I should be seeing her at work in a few days so I'll chat to her then, tell her that I'm hurt by all this. But the whole thing is very quickly getting to the point where she's losing her appeal as a potential partner.

Well, while I can understand a certain amount of indecision, it seems like she's taking it to an extreme. I don't know if she just isn't considering the amount of effort you're putting into it. All you can really do is prepare to make a decision about when enough is enough. I don't know when that is but I'm thinking it will be soon.

So, it's the 27th. Going to meet up with my best friend from highschool (he's like a brother to me) and afterwards going to the poly group meet up. I'll let you know how it goes!

Sounds good. Stay strong bro.

That poly meet up was good. Talked about a bunch of things, mainly hierarchical and non relationships. Didn't get home until 11:30pm, but it took me over an hour to get there from my place. Hoping I'll be able to make it to the next one. Also good to meet up with my best friend. He's got a new TV, nice and big. Watched some Star Trek.

Saw Gwen at work. Hardly said anything to her, but she was busy trying to get some paperwork done. She spent a lot of time talking to another guy, but that doesn't bother me. She later sent me a message through facebook apologising, saying she hadn't expected that guy to keep her busy for as long as he did.

Honestly, there's a part of me that's dreading talking to her now, simply because I have no idea where I stand with her. I know its silly, and once I talk to her it will all be fine, but until that moment, it seems worse than it really is.

Went out for a long drive with Ro yesterday, had an absolute blast, but came home very tired.

Still chatting with Eowyn. We get on very well. Its kinda weird; I think of her as a potential partner (she knows I'm poly and we've flirted like crazy) but I don't have any romantic feelings for her. Not yet, anyway. If she ever comes over that may change (having hugs with someone gives me the warm fuzzies, after all), but for right now, I just don't know. But it's not an unpleasant kind of not knowing. Kinda hard to explain. Ah well.

It's good that there are still prospects out there, though. Give it some time, poly relationships don't grow up overnight.

Wow, been a little while.

Haven't spoken to Gwen since the last update. Haven't seen her, but haven't texted her. Thinking I might send her a "Hey, how are you going" message some time soon.

Still chatting on Facebook with Eowyn, getting on great. Flirting quite a bit too. She's still planning on coming over here at some point this year, but it may be October...

Well, a visit from a long-distance friend is no small gesture, so October's good. :)

Seems like slow's a good idea when it comes to Gwen.

Spoke to Gwen yesterday, seems like we'll be getting together on Monday afternoon.

Well good, I think -- I hope she'll keep the appointment this time!

She kept the apointment, and we spent 8 or 9 hours together. But honestly, I'm not really getting the potential partner vibe from her anymore. Still friends, of course.

Zoinks! You've been friend zoned. :eek:

But at least she's giving clearer signals are and showing more consideration. And hey, friend zoning isn't necessarily the end of the world. :)

Actually, shes not giving me the vibe. I think its just that after being jerked around I just dont see her that way anymore.

Back