From Theory to Practice

6 month update!

(I always like to see updates in other threads, so...)

I actually met TJ in person a few months ago, after everything had blown over. She introduced herself, shook my hand, although she might have been overcompensating a little. Alcohol also may have had something to do with the friendliness. DK ended up being the most uncomfortable, I think, but it was okay.

WK and I got married, and moved to the states. Which was a little while coming, but it means that DK and I are longer distance now after a great summer. Fingers crossed any new metamours are more okay with me, although I suppose distance should make me less threatening? Ahhh.

Good luck to any of those coming to my threat with metamour problems! I think the best thing you can do is be supportive, yet still manage to voice your own interests and views. Hooh. I think it gets easier. :)

So you and WK seem to be doing well, that's good to hear.

Unfortunately, a certain amount of luck is involved in who one meets to date, so let's just hope DK's next girlfriend is a more poly-friendly one.

Nice update, hope there'll be more of those from time to time. I don't suppose DK has any plans to move to the states? Just curious.

Luck indeed! *Fingers crossed*

The place where WK is trying to poach him right now (WK would gladly recommend him). He'll likely do the interviews, and get a 'free' flight out even if he doesn't take the job. DK is reluctant to 'follow' me, as he wants to make sure he's making decisions that are good for him long term, but WK and I plan on returning to Canada in the next few years.

It's hard doing the longterm planning. I'm hoping me and WK can just follow DK at some point. :)

Wonder where you'll all end up when it's said and done? (Hopefully all in the same place, of course.)

I suppose if you could do a LDR with DK for a few years, he could just stay put for now (while thinking about what he wants to do, jobwise and relationshipwise and whatnot).

Good luck and keep us posted.

Back