Just Came Out to My Mother

landica

I recently became part of a vee, and my shiny, new boyfriend is coming to visit for the weekend. My parents live in close proximity to my house, and it is not unusual for my mom to drop by unannounced. I figured I would take the bull by the horns and go ahead and tell her. Hardest. Thing. Ever.

Mom is completely cool with it, but she has gotten a lot more open-minded as she has gotten older. And my bf wants to meet my mother and explain his intentions for dating me.

Should be an interesting weekend.

Awesome

Congratulations. It is always nice to have a non-drama when you disclose something so intimate.

Wish I could be a fly on the wall when he talks about his intentions to your mother.... of course, I know neither party involved but my imagination can come up with some highly entertaining scenarios.

I hope all goes well for you.

I can only imagine...

BF: I'm going to shag your daughter six ways from Sunday. There may be jumper cables involved. Then, I'm going to take her out for frozen custard.

Mom: Can you pick me up a chocolate concrete while you are there?

I can only imagine...

BF: I'm going to shag your daughter six ways from Sunday. There may be jumper cables involved. Then, I'm going to take her out for frozen custard.

Mom: Can you pick me up a chocolate concrete while you are there?

Lol, this is soo funny !

Congrats!

My parents were so cute. All three (plus stepdad's gf). Of course, I've done a lot of outlandish things in my life, so I think they're more accustomed to me saying unusual things.

Jealous. Wish my mum was so cool to talk to about stuff.

Will be great to know how it turns out. "explain his intentions for dating me" doesn't really seem like a conversation ANY mother would really care to have though. :p

I recently became part of a vee, and my shiny, new boyfriend is coming to visit for the weekend. My parents live in close proximity to my house, and it is not unusual for my mom to drop by unannounced. I figured I would take the bull by the horns and go ahead and tell her. Hardest. Thing. Ever.

Mom is completely cool with it, but she has gotten a lot more open-minded as she has gotten older. And my bf wants to meet my mother and explain his intentions for dating me.

congratulations!! im so glad it went well for you.

I started talking about polyamory about 16 years ago with my family.. maybe they thought it was just a phase, but clearly it's one that's lasted a while :p. ofcourse, most of my life it's just been theory; I'm not one who easily acquires a partner ;-).

Back