The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Wishing Mother Nature would get over the menopause and give us several days straight of the same weather, NOT one day warm and sunny, the next rainy, the next snow and slush then rain, then warm and sunny: rinse and repeat as necessary.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

I think I could handle Mother Nature's menopause thing if I wasn't being nailed to the wall with my own peri-menopause shit. Let's just say it's been a pretty lousy and stressful week.

I think I could handle Mother Nature's menopause thing if I wasn't being nailed to the wall with my own peri-menopause shit. Let's just say it's been a pretty lousy and stressful week.
I have found menopause to be so-o-o-o much easier than peri-menopause was, even with the hot flashes. Now that I am past that whole process, I love not having periods. I never really had cramps or moodiness, nor any other complaints other than forgetting when to expect it and never having enough tampons on hand, but it is so freeing to never have to think about that stuff again. But peri-menopause was, for me, such a rollercoaster of unpredictable changes in flow, cycles, etc., and it went on for years. So, I hear ya, but just wanted to say, it gets better!

Hunkering down...

I am on an email list from NYC, which sent me a "Hazardous Travel Advisory" due to 3 to 5 inches of snow expected in the wee hours tonight and tomorrow morning. It's been cold here all week, but I didn't realize snow was on the way til I got that email, LOL!

Hunkering down...

I am on an email list from NYC, which sent me a "Hazardous Travel Advisory" due to 3 to 5 inches of snow expected in the wee hours tonight and tomorrow morning. It's been cold here all week, but I didn't realize snow was on the way til I got that email, LOL!

I was in southern Maine last night with The Hottie, and had to drive to Boston this morning... we had about 3" of snow, not fun in rush hour. More snow tonight.

miss pixi is off on a trip with friends for a week, and I am dogsitting for her. The Gentleman is coming over tomorrow night.

My mouth hurts from having a lot of dental work done the past few days. Because of it I'm grouchy and irritable. I've been pondering a lot of things lately and drawing some conclusions I don't like, but I have to live with. I'm also feel frustrated and trapped, which my severe case of wanderlust is not helping at all with.

So in short I'm in pain, irritable, short tempered, and a grouch.

Thankfully BrigidsDaughter is a kind and loving wife and puts up with me, even when I'm like this.

Sorry to hear you're hurting so much, RW. I can feel your pain. After my daughter was born I had lost of dental problems and ended up getting them all yanked out. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Doing better today. Taking IB to manage the pain in my teeth, and I actually had a pretty good time home alone last night. Now I'm feeling creative for the first time in ages and I've got A New Hope playing for background noise. I'd almost forgotten how much I adore the original three movies.

lolz. 3-5" here is just above a "dusting" but well below anything resembling a hazard. We'll call a "Winter Storm Warning" for 8"+ in a roughly 24 hour span, or if it gets stupidly cold. It's funny people's perception of snow depending on where they live. We're almost like the Inuit in that we have lots of ways of describing snow in a few words that are universally accepted across the region. Terms like "Lake Effecting" or "Thundersnow". I always get a laugh out of people from the South who go to school up here and their reactions to the snow.

lolz. 3-5" here is just above a "dusting" but well below anything resembling a hazard. We'll call a "Winter Storm Warning" for 8"+ in a roughly 24 hour span, or if it gets stupidly cold. It's funny people's perception of snow depending on where they live.
Well, have you ever driven in NYC without snow? That's hazardous enough! It is so congested here, and drivers are crazy, and aggressive, yelling, speeding, honking horns all the time (even though they now have laws against it), while pedestrians ALWAYS jaywalk, trucks are double-parked, and cabbies are weaving in and out or stopping short to pick up a fare. We never wait on the curb, always far out into the lane. I think driving in the city is what bronco riding must be like. Add snow, heck even just rain, and it's ten times worse! Whenever I drive here, I am gripping the steering wheel and gritting my teeth in terror, LOL.

Drivers here are nutz!!!!1!!one!!1

Last edited:
Well, have you ever driven in NYC without snow? That's hazardous enough! It is so congested here, and drivers are crazy, and aggressive, yelling, speeding, honking horns all the time (even though they now have laws against it), while pedestrians ALWAYS jaywalk, trucks are double-parked, and cabbies are weaving in and out or stopping short to pick up a fare. We never wait on the curb, always far out into the lane. I think driving in the city is what bronco riding must be like. Add snow, heck even just rain, and it's ten times worse! Whenever I drive here, I am gripping the steering wheel and gritting my teeth in terror, LOL.

I took a trip to NYC in college. From our tour bus, we saw a cop car hit a bus almost dead center. It was an odd experience not being able to tell where the lanes were. I preferred it when we walked or took the subway.

Today's been relatively quiet around here. I've spent most of the day playing Words with Friends while Runic Wolf preps for Friday's game. Weekends are when Wendigo's art RP group meets, so I probably won't talk to him again until tomorrow night. In the mean time I've got laundry to fold and a delicious spaghetti and Italian sausage dinner to make.

Wow, we are much more polite in Boston. Snow makes people friendlier and less reserved.

Today's been relatively quiet around here. I've spent most of the day playing Words with Friends while Runic Wolf preps for Friday's game. Weekends are when Wendigo's art RP group meets, so I probably won't talk to him again until tomorrow night. In the mean time I've got laundry to fold and a delicious spaghetti and Italian sausage dinner to make.

:) Another person who plays Words with Friends. I've only been playing about a week, but love it.

...and I've got A New Hope playing for background noise. I'd almost forgotten how much I adore the original three movies.

Heh, I'm glad to see we're not the only ones who do this. We usually have one of the three original movies playing in the background while we clean house.

Wife and I are having breakfast before we do the weekly grocery shopping. We're also waiting for the next wave of winter storms to hit; last week we got about 3-4 inches, but it was all gone by the next day. Not sure how much snow they're calling for tonight, but chances are it'll be gone again in 24 hours. At least it's snowing in the mountains around here. That way, instead of a really, really, really bad water year this summer we'll just have a really bad one :(.

I got to see SNOW today! SO pretty. Got BFTS (boyfriend tech support) to help fix my parents wireless connection. Sat down to laptop ~ it's on a desk that faces the huges sliding glass door that looks out on a small lake with the trees and the other houses across and snow flurries. Fortunately, nothing stuck. so beautiful.

Homemade sauerkraut with pork roast for dinner last night. Football today, with snow (tv is in the middle of two picture windows (on the non-lake side). Hanging out with my 'rents. It just really doesn't get any better.

I did dislocate a rib while doing tech support. That is stoopidly painful. But, the main purpose of the visit was to hang out with dad to take him to chiropractic tomorrow, and I get adjusted too.
YAY!

I'm doing alright, Wendigo just broke the news to us that Pretty Lady wants to go back to being just friends. She's not comfortable with all the talking required by poly; she's not really good at expressing herself, her needs, or desires to anyone but Wendigo and the game of telephone just wasn't working anymore. :( She was worried about hurting our feelings because she knew we really liked her. So now I guess we're a "V".

Finally had a real snowfall this Saturday, watched my little son and his dad play in it on Sunday.

My husband and I are making plans with my email friend and his wife for us to meet. The practicalities still have to be worked out, but this is exciting!

I am home with a cold today, being babied by the resident grandma in our home.

Other than the sniffles, coughs and sneezes life is good!:)

I'm doing alright, Wendigo just broke the news to us that Pretty Lady wants to go back to being just friends. She's not comfortable with all the talking required by poly; she's not really good at expressing herself, her needs, or desires to anyone but Wendigo and the game of telephone just wasn't working anymore. :( She was worried about hurting our feelings because she knew we really liked her. So now I guess we're a "V".

This gets extra frustrating for me. She apparently decided months ago she wanted nothing to do with us in that way, but failed to tell anyone. I've been living within boundaries set so that Pretty Lady would be okay and feel comfortable, and thus shutting down other opportunities for, well, anything.

The only good side to this is that now I don't have to push everyone away and if the option for a new, fulfilling, relationship crops up I can actually act on it. It hurts how I found out, and that it happened, but it's a good kind of pain. Like the pain after a surgery but before it's fully healed. Our relationship, or lack there of, was a major sore spot with me.

This gets extra frustrating for me. She apparently decided months ago she wanted nothing to do with us in that way, but failed to tell anyone. I've been living within boundaries set so that Pretty Lady would be okay and feel comfortable, and thus shutting down other opportunities for, well, anything.

The only good side to this is that now I don't have to push everyone away and if the option for a new, fulfilling, relationship crops up I can actually act on it. It hurts how I found out, and that it happened, but it's a good kind of pain. Like the pain after a surgery but before it's fully healed. Our relationship, or lack there of, was a major sore spot with me.

Oh, so you were poly-fi for PL's benefit, but she wouldnt have sex w you for months? Now that she's admitted she wants to be platonic, Wendigo is fine with you looking for others?

Wow. Too bad she left you hanging all those months.

Now that she's admitted she wants to be platonic, Wendigo is fine with you looking for others?

He is. He's actually actively encouraging me. He knows there are things I need that I can't get in my current situation. He also feels terrible about the whole thing once he realized how under my skin it was getting.

Wow. Too bad she left you hanging all those months.

I understand why. With her upbringing she avoids confrontation like the plague and does not like to hurt people. She's got a very kind heart and I don't think she knew how much the situation was hurting me, otherwise she'd of spoken up earlier.

I understand it, but it still hurts.

Back