Hurting - Need Some Help

Gaia

I'm new to the forum. I need someone to talk to to help me process my pain and emotions (I'm a mono woman married to a poly husband and I am experiencing extreme amounts of jealousy, low self esteem, and plain old stress regarding his new relationship.)

Is there a resource to find therapists that are accepting/understanding of this lifestyle? (I'm in Southern California.)

Thank you.

Hi Gaia!
You might find it interesting to run a search (see "search" on the blue bar above) on the following terms:
Mono
Mono/Poly
Mono-Poly
Jealousy
Stress
NRE (new relationship energy)

There are lots of people on here who have gone / are going through the same process as you.

Keep faith in yourself!:)

Last edited:
I'm new to the forum. I need someone to talk to to help me process my pain and emotions (I'm a mono woman married to a poly husband and I am experiencing extreme amounts of jealousy, low self esteem, and plain old stress regarding his new relationship.)

Is there a resource to find therapists that are accepting/understanding of this lifestyle? (I'm in Southern California.)

Thank you.

I never thought about a therapist, I just found friends that could understand & other people like us

Or here! :D

Have you tried doing a tag search for "jealousy" or any other issue you like? The blue bar above has a search engine on it... press there and an option for tag search will come up.

For what it's worth my thoughts and good energy go out to you. I also live in the so-cal area and I have many friends that go to therapists for issues like these. Unfortunately I do not have contact info for you but I'm sure that a google search of cognitive behavioral therapists in your area would return some good results. I also strongly agree with the member that posted about finding good friends that are willing to talk honestly are a great resource and might be a good balance if you go the therapist route. A well rounded support network is a good thing. Best wishes in finding what you need.

Back