Your most recent OKC messages. post em here!

I answer all messages where the man has obviously put in an effort. But that is one in 20, if that. Most women probably have a bf or two and don't even check their accounts that often. Because 19 messages out of 20 are boring or insulting or outright disgusting.

You mean you don't want to get your fuck on? :p

But seriously, I understand. Especially after reading this thread.

Guy from Tennessee, no profile, no match %age:

Now I really want to make a birthday card with a cover that says "u don't look no 60!"

Compliment of the day! You go, Mags!

Gee you make it sound so easy...lol. The reality is most women do not answer messages for a variety of reasons. It sucks to put effort into crafting a nice message only to have it either ignored or discarded, especially when you have no idea why. I used to wonder if something was wrong with me, but now I just have zero expectations.

I have an industry mentor/hero who once groused during a conference keynote that (our industry's) database programs had one thing in common: "They all suck." Not to be negative about internet dating but when the result of crafting a thoughtful message 99 times (or more) out of 100 is the same as sending a message like "u dont look no 60" it's easy to get jaded and say, like my cranky curmudgeonly colleague, "all internet dating methods suck."

You mean you don't want to get your fuck on? :p

But seriously, I understand. Especially after reading this thread.

I do want to get my fuck on! I post about that often enough, lol. But it's gross to me when a guy comes on too sexually in the first message. :p :rolleyes:

Now I really want to make a birthday card with a cover that says "u don't look no 60!"

Compliment of the day! You go, Mags!

Well, thanks. I take a multi vitamin, extra vit D, and fish oil... But it's partly genetics. Both my parents stayed very young looking til well into their 70s.

It's also trick photography. :p I am an artist and pretty good at taking a flattering selfie lol

My latest messages:

"Hi"

"Hello"

"I love your sexy body (with various emoticons)"

"Hello"

"Hi"

"Hello and how are you names D and without question you truly are intriguing plus stunning.
For which I would greatly love the opportunity to know more about you"

You don't look no 60 in person either, just saying.

I got a message from a 27-year-old saying he liked reading my profile and hoped we could "converse" because I seemed interesting. I didn't even bother answering...

What's wrong with conversing? Is that not how most people begin interacting?

I just disabled my OKC account again. Something about that mentally ill guy's message wigged me out. I realized my pictures were up there in front of people I'd avoid if I saw them heading toward me in the street. There are three guys with whom I did have nice exchanges since December, and I've got their personal contact info, so at least there's that. Maybe I will want to meet one of them, or all three. But the truth is most of the poly guys I have come across on OKC were unattractive or had too many rules, and I really have much better luck meeting men in real life because I'm not shy about talking to people. And, I don't need to limit myself to only poly peeps. Plus, at least from what I've seen on OKC in my city, there's been a lot more creepy-looking scary types joining. They join because it's free and they think they're going to get laid. And I'm tired of all the disgusting looking desperate men who post their ages as 44 when it's obvious they're in their 70s. Don't they realize their age spots and hairy ears give them away? It's too much work to sift through the dregs of society just to find someone with potential. When I first joined it in 2011 or so, it was so much better and I averaged one to two dates a month with cool, pleasant, good-looking men, for the most part. Maybe the pay sites would be less scary than OKC has become.

Gah!

Last edited:
Nothing's wrong with conversing. Something's wrong with him being 27.

He's trying to impress you with his maturity by using a big word. ;)

Cindie, I don't see 70 year olds calling themselves 42 in my inbox! Nor have men seemed to become more disgusting since I joined 7 years ago... Still the same proportions of jerks to decent human beings that are reasonably attractive.

Yesterday's "Charmer":

Wanna come over & fuck? I'm in Bellerose.

First off, my profile clearly says "I am not seeking one night stands or FWB situations"

But the best part about this guy, he goes by the name of PreparationX!!!
Yes, like the hemorrhoid cream.

For me, Preparation H would feel better than Preparation X, on the whole. :)

Yesterday's "Charmer":

First off, my profile clearly says "I am not seeking one night stands or FWB situations"

But the best part about this guy, he goes by the name of PreparationX!!!
Yes, like the hemorrhoid cream.

He didn't say he wanted to be your friend. LOL

Today, I got, "Hello, sweetie."

I considered responding with, "Unless your name is River Song, do not call me sweetie," but I had my doubts as to whether he would get the reference.

I've been off of OkCupid for a while; the dating pool in my area is the size of a puddle, and trying to make it work with someone in St. Louis just didn't work. I couldn't find anyone willing to drive the 2 hours to visit me, so all the driving wound up on my shoulders.

Out of the blue I got a text message from someone who ghosted me after calling off a picnic in the park. He said, "Hey gorgeous" and I said "who are you?". When I figured out who he was, I said, "Oh you're the guy who ditched our date and never talked to me again. You what? Want to talk to me now? No thanks!"

Today:

First message: "So have you done a lot of threesomes?"

"Would you like to do sexting with me?" (from an Italian 20 year old)

There were a half dozen others. I've already deleted and forgotten them.

I am chatting with a new man, age 50, married long time, 2 teenager offspring, who used to swing with his wife, but she developed depression and other health issues and now they haven't even had sex with each other in 6 years. She feels shame around this, and while she told him he could seek sex and friendship elsewhere, it would have to be kept a secret from her, to not increase her shame... He has one former swinger gf he sees every 6 weeks, but neither of them want to go swing with others when they see each other. He said he needs more "connection" now than he used to get in his swinger group.

We are just kind of having an interesting conversation like one does on this board. He seems nice, thoughtful. I don't know if I am attracted to him yet.

Well, that last guy finally told me he'd be able to meet once a month, and I reread his Q&As and saw he does things to prevent "feelings" from happening. So I told him, "No bueno."

Today messages:

hi sexy can you handle ah younger man??? 10 1/2 inches.
--from Trinidad. How am I supposed to handle a large penised man from thousands of miles away?

hey good morning magdlyn!

large breasts
--from Morocco

Hey good morning!!! Would you like to bounce on this big black dick!!! I sing and play piano! I have been in the music industry for 4 years now
--his message box is full

That sucks most of the people with more than 85% with me live far away. I have only a little chance to meet. You are also one of them and noticing about that worse... Anyway have a lovely day
--from Turkey

and finally:
Hey Magdlyn, I just wanted to say that your profile has really captivated me. Not only do I find you very attractive but I love how you present yourself and what you are looking for. I too have a passion for photography, I take pictures in my free time and right now I am working on a series of pictures that involves solely candle light. I also really like that Die Andwoord is a favorite band of yours, they are one of my favorite groups as well. You are definitely someone who I would like to get to know better. As for myself, I am currently studying cultural anthropology and linguistics at Northeastern in Boston. I am tall (6' 1), athletic, I have long hair and facial hair. I am perfectly fine sending photos over email or the phone but I am not comfortable posting them on this website, it is too public for me at the moment. I am very attracted to older women but unfortunately have not had the opportunity to be with one, I really want the experience of being with one and really navigating their body. I am also not looking for a soul mate or a partner to settle down with, but rather a lover who will make my life fuller and rewarding (I liked your words so much that I used them). It would be great to hear back from you and hopefully meet you

Someone with potential! He is only 25 and lives an hour away, but who knows...

LOL Magdlyn!! "really navigating their body"

Sure. Come on over...bring your sextant! ;)

LOL Magdlyn!! "really navigating their body"

Sure. Come on over...bring your sextant! ;)

hehe I'm a plus size gal, he better bring a telescope, a canteen and some granola bars too.

Back