Chicago area and new to poly

Matylda

Ok first thing, no my name isn't really Matylda , I'm just better at fake names than screen names/nicknames. And I've always liked that name. And I need to not be findable by the rest of my world.
I'm straight, married & poly, am seeing someone but struggling with schedules. I'm crazy busy & so is he. My husband, meanwhile is amused-leave it me to find someone as busy as I am! I work 2 jobs: tech by day and teach yoga nights & weekends. I also do volunteer stuff.
I'm in the Chicago area and have been to some of the Chicago Polyamory Group meetups-that's how I met the fellow I am seeing -at the smaller gatherings. I am so not good at the larger ones!
Though I'd be open to other romantic relationships (that could also include dancing, weight training, partner yoga, reiki shares...) I would love to connect with other straight poly women to talk about experiences etc. There's no one in my life with whom I can talk girl talk about this stuff to--all my girlfriends are non poly-and largely unattached. And that just creates a weird dynamic.
Anyone else out there in the same boat?

I'm completely new to this. My husband and I talked about doing something like his for a long time now and we are slowly getting into it and seeing where it could take us.

Greetings Matylda,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

There's a lot of people here, so I'm sure you'll be able to find some straight poly women here to confide in. If this thread doesn't supply it, start a thread in the Fireplace board; add an occasional post as needed to keep the thread at the top of the "new threads heap."

I hope the you and the guy you're seeing are able to get together reasonably often! Glad you could join us.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Ok first thing, no my name isn't really Matylda , I'm just better at fake names than screen names/nicknames. And I've always liked that name. And I need to not be findable by the rest of my world.
I'm straight, married & poly, am seeing someone but struggling with schedules. I'm crazy busy & so is he. My husband, meanwhile is amused-leave it me to find someone as busy as I am! I work 2 jobs: tech by day and teach yoga nights & weekends. I also do volunteer stuff.
I'm in the Chicago area and have been to some of the Chicago Polyamory Group meetups-that's how I met the fellow I am seeing -at the smaller gatherings. I am so not good at the larger ones!
Though I'd be open to other romantic relationships (that could also include dancing, weight training, partner yoga, reiki shares...) I would love to connect with other straight poly women to talk about experiences etc. There's no one in my life with whom I can talk girl talk about this stuff to--all my girlfriends are non poly-and largely unattached. And that just creates a weird dynamic.
Anyone else out there in the same boat?

I am in a similar boat as you are! It certainly is a new lifestyle to get into and it challenges me in a good way!

Boats & challenges

Yes, even just with the few first steps into this world, I've found myself challenging some old concepts of relationships and their dynamics. I'm having to constantly remind myself to remember that other people do feel as I do, can be in love with/ care for more than one person -like I am. I tend to be my own worst enemy and assume there are limits where there really aren't.
:-/
Communication is SO huge!

Last edited:
Back