Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 07-18-2015, 08:12 PM

AntMan was a great movie! Lots of good fun.

Today I have fluffy hair.

Hinge in a poly-fi vee with two mono men
Wife to DarkKnight and PunkRockAwesomesauce

My Online Journal
Old 07-20-2015, 01:35 PM

I think for most of the afternoon and evening, I'll be out at the game store playing WarMachine. I had a great win this weekend and I'm hoping the momentum continues! I get to add points to my army this week, so that should be good.

It was so hot upstairs last night that PunkRock and I retreated to the basement, where the central air actually works well. The 2nd floor is always warmer than the rest of the house but last night was unbearable to me, so we slept in his room rather than mine. I have resisted buying an air conditioner for my room individually, because our house has central air, but last night was just HOT.

I have paperwork, budgeting and homeschool stuff to do this morning, though I am not very motivated to do it at all. The sooner I finish, the sooner I can run off to do WarMachine, I suppose.

My Online Journal
Old 07-22-2015, 02:24 PM

Tomorrow DarkKnight and PunkRock and I are taking a trip to the National Aquarium. I am very excited because I've never been. It feels sort of surreal though, when I think about it. Visiting aquariums together has always been a "thing" with DarkKnight and me, since the beginning of our relationship. So I am looking forward to seeing this one with him. PunkRock actually worked in fish stores and interned at this aquarium years ago, so I am looking forward to exploring it with him. And of course, any time I am with both of my guys together, I can't help but feel cherished and loved. I think tomorrow is going to be great!

My Online Journal

Last edited by Bluebird; 07-22-2015 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:13 PM

A good time was had by all at the National Aquarium last week - I am so glad I finally was able to go visit there. It really made me want to start up a fish tank, but our lease strictly forbids any of those.

My son turned 26 yesterday and we had a family BBQ. A couple of his friends came over - including the first guy I dated when I decided to give poly a try. And that guy's mother. My son plays on their trivia team, so it's really not THAT weird of an occurrence. Anyway, what was weird was that they spent an hour sitting with DarkKnight and me in the living room, talking about how she wanted a grandchild and how he had a distinct lack of options on making one. He said, "It's not like I can go up to a girl and ask her to biologically reproduce with me!" The entire thing left me feeling icky, and feeling like that's actually what they were asking me to do for them. Seriously.

Afterward, I told DarkKnight had surreal that felt for me and did he get the same impression, and no, I was not imaging things.

Having his mother broker a baby deal with me is just the kind of weird thing this guy would do, but why with me, I have no idea. Way back when, this guy went out to dinner with me to tell me that he had been pretending to find me attractive the entire time and that I was really overweight and ugly, and that I was very fake - that I didn't really enjoy nerdy things, I just pretended to like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings and superheroes. Yeah.

So to have this guy sit on my loveseat with his mother and listen to her talk about how she really wanted grandkids was crazy to me. I kinda think there have been conversations about how he blew it with me and that was his last chance at love and a "normal life" and that he needs to court me if he wants a baby because he has been single for like 20 years.

Anyway, that's not happening with me. I am crazy in love with my DarkKnight and my PunkRockAwesomesauce and I'm not having babies with them!

Speaking of PunkRock, he was oh so loving and cuddly with me last night. I just wanted to melt all over him.

My Online Journal
Old 07-27-2015, 01:58 AM

Another week has started! I had fun today being with my DarkKnight and playing D&D with what has become a new group of friends. I absolutely love my character and I hope she lives forever. Tonight was spent with PunkRock playing a game of WarMachine, in which he crushed me easily.

Tomorrow afternoon I am heading to the other game store in town to meet up with some guys in the league to hopefully get a bunch of games in.

I am going to do some school planning for the Fall with my daughter in the morning tomorrow. She will be a senior in high school! I can't believe it! Really, I could almost graduate her now, but she has another year of English to complete. She has already started reading the first book I assigned, so she's on her way. I am going to do a math review with her, for sure. I will have to figure out what to call it, though she doesn't need the credits. She only needed Algebra I and Algebra II and she completed those classes already. It's just that with her brain and memory issues, she will need a refresher to pass the entrance exams into the trade school she hopes to attend. She has way more science credits than needed, and she's good on Social Studies already too. Art, Music and Health have been done for a while now. So mostly we will be rounding out her year with electives.

Of course, her trip to Nepal will count toward Social Studies, but she doesn't really need the credit, as I said before. I asked her to make a list of things she wants to learn before she lives independently, and so far all she has mentioned is a personal finance class - how to use credit cards, stuff about credit scores and banking. I am sure I can set that up. DarkKnight said he wants to make sure she is solid on how to use all of the MicroSoft Office products - specifically Excel, as she has had experience with Word from all the essays she's written, and PowerPoint she can handle too. So we will see what else she comes up with to round out her year!

My Online Journal
Old 07-29-2015, 12:44 PM

Soo...my 17 year old daughter's biological father friended me on Facebook this week. It has been an emotional time for her - and all of us - but things seem to be going well. He signed away his rights so she would enter foster care when she was 6, and hasn't seen or talked to her since. So far, she has no desire to friend him on Facebook, or see him. She has always desperately wanted to know information about him, and to see a picture, and now she has. I have a therapy appointment scheduled for tomorrow, even though she tells me she is fine. I can see it has been hard on her.

I have been fielding all of the correspondence. Birthdad has been extremely respectful and has answered every single question we have put to him. So there is that. He lives in NY, in the same place he did when he signed away his rights. He has already asked to meet up, but I told him that hey, she is hesitant about even friending him on Facebook - she is not about to go and see him. It is too early. He took that rather well.

My oldest daughter reunited with her birthmom around age 18, and it ended in a disastrous way. My youngest saw this, so she is cautious. Rightfully so. I hope she has a happier ending. She told me yesterday that it is a very weird feeling, because she has a family, and she is fine, but yet there's now this whole other father out there now and that feels very fake and he's a stranger, yet he's supposed to be the real one. I hurt for her as she works through this.

My Online Journal
Old 07-30-2015, 12:33 PM

We've been playing the Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures game once a month at the game store in town, and last night a few of my daughter's friends showed up to join the league we are starting. I had fun with PunkRock, teaching them how to play. DarkKnight played with another group - the more advanced version - and he ended up winning against everyone, so he had a good night too.

Last night I was with PunkRock for a sleepover, but he had to set his alarm for 3 am because his work schedule was shit today. I am hosting the teen game club here today at 1 pm, which is when he will be getting home from work and wanting to sleep. That's going to suck for him, for sure. The kids are always loud.

Tonight is my book club - I have finally got it down to just one book club - so I will be out to dinner with them.

I did some research on ancestry yesterday during the day and discovered that my family was somehow involved with the Hooker Chemical Plant in NY - I had several family members who worked there before it became the first SuperFund site. It looks as if some of their homes no longer exist because of the contamination. I need to break out maps and do some more exploration. I guess I am glad I never had bio children, because maybe they'd have flippers!

My Online Journal

Tags
cohabitation, finances, living situations, living together, married and polyamorous, married and polyandrous, multiple husbands, multiple partners, multiple primaries, polyandry, shared space, sharing resources, vee dynamics