Is thin the only sexy?

Cool, thanks!

I am a plus-sized woman. I'm on a quest to lose weight, but in learning to appreciate my body and love myself more before I get to goal, I started buying sexy lingerie. My soon-to-be-ex-husband took issue with my weight, so it's important to me to rebuild my confidence in my shape, whether I'm at my goal weight or not.

I buy my lingerie from Hips and Curves (hipsandcurves.com). They sell to big curvy women -- ONLY. Sizes start at 1X, generally. Their model pictures are so freaking hot, it doesn't matter how big the girls are. And it makes me feel sexy just ordering this gorgeous stuff. It's really good quality, too!

Here are some of my favorite plus models from Hips and Curves:
Search-
Boyshorts with garters

Bronwyn steel-boned silk corset

Black bridal veil

Look around the site, it's great!

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, I think a middle ground is to be had. I want people to be healthy and fit. People who are too thin or too fat just project that they don't care about themselves, so why would they care about a relationship with me?

People who are too thin or too fat just project that they don't care about themselves, so why would they care about a relationship with me?
Oooh, I hate that notion! Makes me so mad when people think that. It's such a selfish viewpoint. Who is anyone else to say I don't care enough about myself because I gain weight? Or that I can't care about anyone else enough? Come on, that's horse shit. Many big curvy women have great self-esteem and love their ample bodies -- and are healthy! Besides, lots of people eat when stressed, you know, or are on medication that causes weight gain (or loss) -- being large doesn't automatically mean they don't care. Or you could see someone who appears heavy and you think, "Ecch, look at her. She doesn't care enough about herself to look presentable or be a healthy weight," and yet what you are unaware of is that she's already put in a lot of effort and lost 75 lbs or something! And has tons of esteem. You'll never find out if you don't let yourself get to know that person.

Last edited:
Being big and being obese are different things though. I've had women who are large who I found very sexy, but there's a fine line between them.

Is thin the only sexy?

No, and thanks for asking!

For me, at least, healthy is sexy. Strong is sexy. So is confident, and intelligent. And nycyndie's signature is right: Honesty IS sexy. So are personal integrity and loyalty.

Is thin the only sexy?

No, and thanks for asking!

For me, at least, healthy is sexy. Strong is sexy. So is confident, and intelligent. And nycyndie's signature is right: Honesty IS sexy. So are personal integrity and loyalty.
I like that. I also love nycindie's sig. I actually quoted it on my facebook when I first read it. Health, confidence, intelligence and honesty. Perfect for me.

We watched Just Wright last night. Queen Latifah's in it.

There was a general consensus that we 1. find Queen Latifah HAWT! 2. would rather be with someone with a little meat on her bones than someone who's all bones & angles like Callista Flockhart (not sure how to spell her first name).

No, thin is NOT the new sexy for US.

There is a thin line between thin & skinny though. Skinny, to me, looks unhealthy thin looks healthy.

Time for work so no time to expound :(.

Ok, I have had sex with skinny women....OBESE women, and women who have a decent figure with a little extra weight on them.

I am fairly athletic and skinny myself. (6'4" tall and only 165 lbs) Two skinny people, doesn't work IMO. LOL It litteraly hurt my pelvis to have sex with a skinny woman.

Having sex with an obese woman, doesn't allow her to position herself in enough pleasurable positions IMO. Now, this doesn't mean she won't enjoy the sex....just that I like to change positions a lot. LOL

Having sex with women with meat on their bones, is PERFECT. I like my women to weigh more than me. They need to be in the 175-250 range, and be at least 5'2" to 6' tall. This way, they have a figure (not a shape...round is a shape ya know...a FIGURE) AND, they can move around and change positions mid way if we decide to do so. Also, more positional options are available to us.

My wife is a well built woman....so is our girlfriend. I find them BOTH sexy as hell. Do I like to LOOK at thinner women? Yes, I do. But I wouldn't choose to sleep with them. I've done it, and it doesn't work for me.

i was SMO last year. so was my DH...
I had gastric bypass and now I'm still considered overweight but I'm not skinny. I have a lot of padding around my hips and belly due to excess skin.

I like a man or a woman with some padding. I don't like skinny. I don't like bony and yet here I am with bony shoulders... ankles and wrists. After plastics my hips will stick out too... when I lay down you can see ribs..even with the layer of skin padding me...

healthy and fit is sexy.

I am healthy and fit. I can walk forever.. I can run a little but I don't cause I'm old and it hurts my joints. I can do yoga for hours.. and not just sitting and meditating.. I have heavy dense muscles.

People that assume that fat or overweight folks are slobs or don't care about themselves have no clue... I struggled so hard to try to lose weight and NOTHING I did would budge me under 200 and at under 5'3" that's still obese.

heck 180 renders me obese still...

I'm still overweight by the charts... but not to look at me or hug my bony body....

To me, I think a middle ground is to be had. I want people to be healthy and fit. People who are too thin or too fat just project that they don't care about themselves, so why would they care about a relationship with me?

Yeah... that gets my hackles up.

I have, for about 5 years, hovered around 230-250. Flattish belly, great figure, and lots of energy. I made noises about wanting to lose weight, but really, I was happy.

Then stress hit.

My husband had 2 heart attacks. I lost what I thought was a secure job. Then I lost a 2nd job. Then I started another job. Then we got involved in poly.

My figure changed. I am now round, more barrell shaped, have excess fat where before was tightness and tautness, and stepped on the scale this morning to discover I have broken yet another one of my personal "I'll never weigh that much" lines.

Is it because I don't care about myself? Nope - I do.. and am working on it.

Likely had we not had as much of a stressful year as we had, I would have not gained or continued on the losing track.

So making an assumption based on what someone looks like - you may lose out on a really great person.

Sexy is an attitude. Its a state of mind. Its a state of confidence. It has nothing to do with body size or shape.

It's pretty easy

Not only is the question pretty easy, but most of the contributors here have said it in different ways.

Not only is "sexy" independent from "thin," but folks who don't know any better simply miss the opportunity to experience what's possible outside their prejudice.

't's okay though. the loss may not seem significant to either side. :p

Chey

People who are too thin or too fat just project that they don't care about themselves, so why would they care about a relationship with me?
Okay, wow. Let the shit-storm begin . . .

Oooh, I hate that notion! Makes me so mad when people think that. It's such a selfish viewpoint. Who is anyone else to say I don't care enough about myself because I gain weight? Or that I can't care about anyone else enough? Come on, that's horse shit. . . .

Yeah... that gets my hackles up.

Before any more of the polypeeps jump on Somegeezer like a chicken on a June bug in defense of beautiful bodies of every size, I would like to point out that according to his profile, this "geezer" is 18. I know when I was 18 I bought a lot of the crap that I heard out in the world, like "fat people don't care about themselves" and "you can't be too rich or too thin." Hell, when I was 18 I actually thought women were supposed to look like what I saw in the media!

I hope those of us who are triggered by his comment can take a moment, take a breath, and then take advantage of this opportunity to educate rather than castigate.

ADDITIONALLY: he also said:
Health, confidence, intelligence and honesty. Perfect for me.
I love this thought. I never would have been this aware at his age.

Another post I love:
Having sex with women with meat on their bones, is PERFECT. I like my women to weigh more than me. They need to be in the 175-250 range, and be at least 5'2" to 6' tall. This way, they have a figure (not a shape...round is a shape ya know...a FIGURE) AND, they can move around and change positions mid way if we decide to do so. Also, more positional options are available to us.

My wife is a well built woman....so is our girlfriend. I find them BOTH sexy as hell. Do I like to LOOK at thinner women? Yes, I do. But I wouldn't choose to sleep with them. I've done it, and it doesn't work for me.
TL4everu2, you are my kinda man. (You are a man, aren't you? Doesn't matter . . . grrr! ;))

Boney or very lean athletic are not my preferences. I like woman soft and well....feminine.
RP is just perfect! xoxoxoox

I hope those of us who are triggered by his comment can take a moment, take a breath, and then take advantage of this opportunity to educate rather than castigate.
I had a long post typed out - I deleted it.

My intent was to educate. I'm aware of how old he is.

I like how most of the people who have a problem with my words only seem to be quoting on the part about being obese, when I clearly state the opposite is also just as bad. Keyword here? HEALTHY. Obese is not healthy. Neither is malnutrition. Yes I am also 18. This means nothing. So the average 18 year old is on par with a 5 year old in terms of attitude, but I'm not one of them. Not everyone adheres to a stereotype. I see a lot of people on here who are in their 50s and 60s. How are they even able to use a computer? Because they aren't like the rest of the stereotype. So I'm shallow... Who isn't? The first thing that attracts any 2 people is the way they look. If you didn't like the way they looked, you'd never approach them to find that more important personality. That's life. Get over it already.

The first thing that attracts any 2 people is the way they look. If you didn't like the way they looked, you'd never approach them to find that more important personality.

funny that's not the case with me currently. While my husband is my physical type, my BF is NOT.... I don't really care for his looks at all.... and while my husband at 290 pounds has perfect health numbers my very slender BF does not... go figure.

When you mature, you will realize that there is more to a person than just their looks.

Back