My first (and possibly last) polyamorous relationship

Quantam! Welcome to you as well!
It's so nice to be able to hear from both partners! It really fills in the gaps MUCH better!

I hope you both stick around and share.

It sounds like you really have a good sensible appreciation for your SO's good traits! That is SUCH a nice thing to have!

I hope to hear more from both of you soon!

LR
;)

Thanks!

I'm glad that you enjoyed hearing my perspective. If it can help others find a relationship that works, then talking about it will be worth it.

As for my appreciation of Samaki, it goes far beyond just the good traits. ;) I love the whole package, good and bad. I even love the parts of her that tell her she needs to be a "good girl" and suppress who she truly is as a complete person. (Though I do encourage her to move beyond that very limiting mentality.) And she helps me overcome my own baggage and become a better person as well.

We are partners in life and I have her back on 100% of her decisions, even in the rare cases that I disagree with her judgement. Her poly exploration is really core to her and something I completely support. She always had issues with fidelity (well her guilt about how she acts in a relationship) and that's why we decided on having an "open" relationship from the get go. (and to be honest it is mostly a one-way "open" as it take a lot of emotional energy for me to become intimate with another person) I think that a "poly" expression is very natural for her and she really has been interested in in and spent a lot of time thinking about it and discussing it with me. She obviously also tried with her other BF but that didn't go as well.

In the end, I just want both of us to feel happy and have a healthy relationship with each other. Like someone said earlier in the thread, it will probably turn out that our relationship and a series of "flings" will be what she really wants but I'm open to however she wishes to express herself.

Talk more with you later. Thanks for the insight.

Back