I'm new here

DC7783

Hey there,

My name is Delmar I have been with my wife know for 11 years,we have a 10 year old...We both work I'm a photographer and a vender and kinda-of a jack of all. My wife works at wal-mart and goes to school. We like the outdoors thing hiking, fishing, camping ect.

I'm a starght-ish guy not sure never realy been with a guy. My wife is Bi she has been with women before only a few.So um yeah I Dont know what else to put...

Welcome! I'm new here too :)

I have a few questions for you if that's okay?

How long have you known you were poly?
Is your wife poly?
Have you had poly experiences in the past?

I'm not sure just yet I have been doing some resarch and came a cross this and polamory seems very interesting the way every thing that I have found on polyamory sounds good to me so fare. I would Like to find someone close to use so we could go and talk with them on it in preson.

I have not talked with the wife about this yet...

Welcome to the forum.

My only advice at this stage, other than the learning that you are trying to do, is not to let this go too far in your mind before you talk to your wife. If your wife says that this is a "no way!" then you can stop spending the time doing the research. Also, the more your wife perceives you have gone down this road, the more threatened she will feel.

But you don't have to bring it up directly about you - I have posted before about some celebrities that are poly - maybe talk with her about them in some natural way and see what sort of reaction you get.

Are there any poly members in Arizona? I think if we where able to meet someone from a group it would make things easer like if she had questions that I could not answer they could...

Hi DC7783,
Welcome to our forum.

You could try our Dating & Friendships subforum if you haven't already; also you could try Googling "polyamory Arizona" and see what turns up. There might be a local poly group in your area that you could meet with.

Of course if you have questions, and don't know the answers, you can always post on this site, and there will be people willing to help out. Don't be in too much of a hurry; take your time to learn all about polyamory before attempting the lifestyle. But kind of along the lines of what CielDuMatin said, tell your wife soon that this is something you've been researching.

I hope that this site can prove to be a good place to get the help and answers that you need.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

awesome you guys are the best I will do that. I have dropped a hint to her but its touch and go...in the good way

Sounds promising; keep on moving forward a little at a time.

Hi, It's getting cold here in calgary now.
Time to pack up and go.
In about 2 weeks i shall be ready to drive down to Tucson.
Am ready for some sunshine and work outdoors.
Its interesting that you, delmar, as the straight-ish guy, took the initiative to see what options are out there for your wife and you.
Sweet and lovely, it seems you care to please her.
But as read previosly, thread carefully on letting her put her thoughts onto your exploration.
by for now, Anton Perzinger.

Back