Pride

Cantslowdown

My love is not a commodity to be purchased or traded. My penis is not an object to be owned.

I can be a good man. I can work hard at a good job. I can have dreams and goals I toil to support. I can be educated and knowledgeable. I can be dependable and reliable and financially prudent. I can be health-conscious, working out and eating right. I can be talented, funny, nurturing, strong, loyal, intelligent, thoughtful, courageous, and passionate. I can support myself, and those whom I love and have adopted as family, because I can be diligent. I can be kind, conscientious, generous, patient. I can adore and sometimes spoil my mother. I can admire and learn from my father. And I will respect my peers.

I can be handsome and rugged, I can be gentle, and I can stand as tall and as firm as a California Redwood. I can be adventurous and spontaneous.

I can have the ethics, integrity, and willpower of a king. But you won't hear me say these things because I was taught to be humble....

I can neither drink nor smoke and be of sober mind at all times. I can fear God but never judge for Him and never force His love with words, but rather, consistent actions He gives me the strength to persist in.

I can be a good father, a great brother, and an excellent lover.

I can be all these things not just when its easy, but when it's a battle, when it really counts.

I could be gay, I could be straight, I could be transgender, transsexual, or bisexual....

But God forbid I be in devoted, committed love with two women at once...

My love is not a commodity to be purchased or traded. My penis is not an object to be owned. And if it doesn't belong to me to do with what I please, to follow the desires of my heart, not my flesh, not my mind, then what good am I to myself? And what good is a lover to me? If she sees a beautiful flower, and picks it just to watch it die in her hands, then what good is a lover to me?

God gave me the gift of the love I feel, just as He gave me the gift to be the man I am.

And if my lover sees a flower and picks it just to drop it, and leave it to die in the garden, because upon closer look she came to find it did not match her vase.... Then what good is a lover to me?

If I belong to anyone I belong to myself first. And my love can't be controlled and won't be ignored. Love, as life, is impermanent, and by nature cannot be kept, cannot be owned, but only experienced.

I will build a structure to support the life I want to lead, rather than finding a life that fits in the structure someone else has built.

My love is not a commodity to be purchased or traded. And my body belongs to me.

And if I die alone for what I know is true in my heart then so be it. I'd rather die lonely for what I believe than live a lie surrounded by people who don't dare to question.

----------------------------

As a society and as a species we have struggled to evolve beyond our hatred and fear of different races, sexual orientations, and gender preferences.

We've accepted the drinking and drug use of people who aren't harming one another.

We are tolerant of differing religious viewpoints and coexist harmoniously.

But if we are in a relationship and have strong feelings for someone else, we sweep them under the rug. We do not face feelings of jealousy and the sense of entitlement to ownership over the emotions of people we feel a deep, compassionate, romantic love for. We do not attempt to overcome the negativity, we simply ignore it.

Monogamy is not the only viable option for a fulfilling, committed, and happy relationship, and it never has been. This is not a male thing, it's a human thing, and I for one am not going to hide anymore. Can we stop pretending and start accepting?

I'm polyamorous and I'm proud of it.

The women I fell in love with, the women who fell in love with me, are not.

I'm going to enjoy following along with your writings. Very eloquently stated.

Polycephaly

On one hand, she is kind, she is gentle. She makes me a better person because she is so pure of heart. Her creativity creates life in my world, and she adds color to everything I do. She inspires me to dream. When I am wounded she heals me. Her cleverness and humor make me laugh out loud. She is the mother of my child. She reciprocates every single motion of love I express to her with elegance and dedication. She is steadfast and unfailing. And while her unpredictable humor excites my soul with laughter, she is cautious in life. She motivates me to be responsible. She works hard for what she wants and she gets it. She is brilliant and cheerful, and where she is, warmth is. It's only suitable that her favorite flower is the sunflower... She is somewhere beyond me in a world of dreams and love, and she leads me to a place where those are the only things that exist. And, as I stumble to keep up, she forgives my mistakes.

On the other hand, she is strong. She can toil all day, but she is smart enough to make it easier than that. She gets results. She sees what I am going to do by the look in my eye, and I see her intention in her eyes. We're like two peas in a pod. Her affection is a gift that baptizes me, washing away any worry of what's to come. She gives me the strength to stand tall when I am sore, to move fast when I am tired, and to step up when I'm afraid. She is restless and spontaneous. She is not afraid of risks. She inspires me to challenge myself, to step outside my comfort zone. She doesn't see the world I see, she sees the world that I don't. And, with subtlety and humility she chaperones me through a terrain I have yet to discover. She shines, in stark contrast to the dismal blur of the unfamiliar, leading the way like a beacon of hope through unexplored lands. It is only befitting that her favorite flower is the lily... She understands my mistakes, and she offsets my shortcomings.

And I am balanced. If I cannot hold what is dear to me in one hand, I will surely falter because of what's in the other.

Back