Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 11-22-2017, 04:29 AM

Default 2 Years In

Well, I started this post and tried to come back to it later only for it to all have been erased.... So I will try again.

I am 33 and this is my first non monogamous relationship. I have been in it now for a little over 2 years and though it has had its ups and downs (like any relationship), it is the happiest I have been in a long time. I went into this relationship knowing it would be non monogamous and decided it was something I definitely wanted to try since I have had feelings for more than one person at a time before. I hated the guilt and how society makes it seem like you don't truly love your partner if you also care about someone else.

Being in this relationship, I have learned a lot about myself, such as being pansexual, getting over fears, learning that change scares me, and several other things. There are also still some things I struggle with and would like to find support and learn how to get past them. I am always looking to improve myself and better understand things.

About myself, I love to read and write. Writing is my passion and I hope to one day be published. I have been playing with the idea of a poly story written in poetic verse. There just isn't enough poly in books! I also love psychology, genealogy, ball pythons, cats, owls, several favorite shows and movies, and don't ask about a favorite books because it is impossible to pick just one!

As for my relationship, I am in a V. My boyfriend, Jack, and my meta, Bunny. Jack and Bunny have been together for a year and a half. We all currently live together with a non involved roomie. Bunny and I have our own rooms and Jack goes back and forth between ours lol. It has been interesting living in this type of situation (almost 7 months now) and eventually we would love to get a bigger house (or have one built) that better suits or needs.

I am looking forward to being part of this forum and hope to find plenty of support and great stories and advice here!

~Layne

Me: 33/F/PAN
Jack: My BF/24/M
Bunny: My Meta/25/F
Old 11-22-2017, 11:35 AM

Welcome, Layne! Delightful to encounter a fellow writer and poet.
My loves:
MonkeyMan (36/M/cis/het/poly--married 10yrs)
RacingSnail (40/M/cis/het/mono--BF 1.5 years, LDR)
MightyCupcake (35/F/cis/bi/mono--bestest exGF, engaged to Dynamo)

Follow the sun at...
https://sunrayfox.wordpress.com/
Old 11-23-2017, 05:09 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings Layne,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

When you log in, click on the "Remember Me?" box so it is checked. Then you won't get logged out and you won't lose your posts.

It sounds like you are in a wonderful V, I am in a V too and like you I am one of the legs of the V. Have a look around, you will find much useful info here, and don't hesitate to post any questions you may have.

I'm glad to have you with us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!
Old 11-23-2017, 05:59 PM
Banned

PolyPenandInk, have you at any point ever actually BEEN nonmonogamous... or are you just involved WITH a nonmonogamous person? How about your meta?

If one of you were to begin dating someone else, how with this affect the household, particularly Jack?
Old 11-23-2017, 09:01 PM

Default Lyon ortie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunray View Post
Welcome, Layne! Delightful to encounter a fellow writer and poet.
Love meeting other writers! I checked out your blog and really enjoyed the posts that I read and look forward to more :-)

Old 11-23-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenscroft View Post
PolyPenandInk, have you at any point ever actually BEEN nonmonogamous... or are you just involved WITH a nonmonogamous person? How about your meta?

If one of you were to begin dating someone else, how with this affect the household, particularly Jack?
Hi Ravenscroft!

Yes, I have been nonmonogomous. I had another bf for about 10 months, but we ended the relationship due to a few issues such as distance, not feeling priority, etc. We are still friends though and the split was mutual because it put too much stress on us both and we decided staying friends who saw each other sometimes was better. Jack actually is the one who pushed for to see each other because we were a good match for each other. I am glad we are still very good friends and I have been there for him for some big happenings.

Bunny was in a triad before we met her and currently has no desire to see anybody else other than Jack; she doesn't often get emotionally attached to people. I am not looking for anyone right now, but if I were to meet someone I connected with, then I would consider another relationship again; it all kind of depends on if I feel strongly enough for it.

Jack is really easy going about stuff and just wants us to be happy. If I started seeing someone else, he would be happy to see me happy. I have seen a couple of people while with him and he loves to see me happy. There was one girl we worked with that he was seeing at one point before meeting Bunny, but that didn't work out because she did not know her place in everything and got too jealous with stuff and didn't respect me at all, so that was finished. She was actually quite manipulative and guilt tripped him over a lot of stuff like when he wouldn't leave from his time with me to see her. So, yeah that ended.

I am super easy to get along with, too. Bunny can be a little uptight, it kind of depends on the situation. Jack grew up in a non monogamous situation a lot of his life between his family and his own dating life when he started seeing people. He has been exposed to it a lot, so even though he is the youngest, he has the most experience with it, lol.

Old 11-23-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
Greetings Layne,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

When you log in, click on the "Remember Me?" box so it is checked. Then you won't get logged out and you won't lose your posts.

It sounds like you are in a wonderful V, I am in a V too and like you I am one of the legs of the V. Have a look around, you will find much useful info here, and don't hesitate to post any questions you may have.

I'm glad to have you with us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!
Thank you! There is a lot of good info here and I love reading as much as I can about it and others' stories :-)

Old 11-23-2017, 10:49 PM
Official Greeter

Cool beans.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:36 AM

Hi Layne - welcome to the Forum! I will look forward to reading more about your story and your thoughts on poly. Best, Al
Bouncingbetty: ldr girlfriend to Al99, poly, pansexual female, early 30's
Ben: Becky's medium-ldr bf, heterosexual male, 40's

My Introductory Post - An Unexpected Introduction to Poly.