Question for primaries, Outside partners enhance marriage

To paraphrase one of my favorite quotations, people can be counted on to do the right thing . . . after they've tried everything else, first.

I know that quote! Wasn't it Buckminster Fuller? "People will do the smart thing after they have tried every stupid alternative and failed". Something like that?

I know that quote! Wasn't it Buckminster Fuller? "People will do the smart thing after they have tried every stupid alternative and failed". Something like that?

The version I had in mind is attributed to Winston Churchill, talking about Americans: “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”

The version I had in mind is attributed to Winston Churchill, talking about Americans: “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”

I'm not even sure if it was Bucky, but I've definitely heard that, and it was definitely not specific to Americans, although the one I heard may have been borrowed from that one. I am sure this quote has been recycled a whole bunch of times, because there is unfortunately a lot of truth in it.

Back