Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

Sheila has had two "moderate" surgeries (each 3 hours) over the last two days and John has been here helping with everything. From making dinners to washing dishes, to helping her to the bathroom, he's been a huge help.

It's a huge weight off my shoulders not having to be completely responsible for taking care of her and everything else. Poly rocks.

I hope that your wife continues to heal!!!! And yes, Poly rocks!!!

I too am facing major surgery, and my ex-poly bf/best friend has offered to come for a weekend to cook/clean and care for the children, and DW's gf will be staying with them while we are in Baltimore.

We just spent the weekend with a friend I met at a poly weekend and all 4 of us felt like fast friends. My life has been enriched in ways I could never capture! We feel truly blessed!

Again, best wishes to you and your poly family as your wife heals!!

I'm glad you have help in your time of need, bigguy! Best wishes for your wife's recovery.

I'm very proud/impressed with my husband. He has been talking to someone and is becoming close to her, but he is taking things slowly, and in stride. When I asked if he was going to date her he said "I have you to love; I like her, but if we remain close friends I'm okay with that." I'm not sure why, but I was just proud of his maturity in the situation. He was very frustrated with poly not too long ago, and this is growing/bonding moment for us. :)

Happy times

So just a few days ago I thought the fourple might break up. Long story, lots of talking and loving happened and things moved back to nicer territory.

we ended going over to their place New Years Eve. Their daughter was out for the night. So we ended up sleeping over and split from our primaries but in seperate bedrooms. I kissed my wife first this year and that made her happy, but I also kissed my GF frist and that didnt bother my bf.

Last night all of kids were home (Their and ours who are all older > 18). the 4 of us ended up sleeping in our king bed. That in itself was only so so...its just wasnt quite enough room, but we were all in bed trying to fall asleep, and we ended up having the giggles. So here are 4 adult people laying in bed and everyone has the giggles. Must have been the sex lol.

But in a way we kinda came out, our kids know that we only have the one bed. And when they got up to go to work I am sure they realized something was up because or gf/bf winter clothes and boots would have been obvious to them.

This afternoon my wife and gf are gone post xmas shopping together. So its a really great start of the New Year.

And tonight we are all 4 together again.

3 years tomorrow!

Tomorrow will be my third year sharing the gift of Redpepper's love and family. It's been an incredible journey so far with many new friends and several big triumphs. We've been living together as a family for over a year and have won over many extended family members with the genuine love we share. The biggest testimony to our success is in the happiness Redpepper's son displays in having us all around no matter where we are :)
He is ultimately the proof that shared love beyond monogamy can be healthy, stable, and create a supportive environment for adults and children.
Thanks to Redpepper to working so hard and loving so hard. Thanks to PN for being my friend and family. Thanks to thier son for letting me be his buddy and relive the joy of youth. And last but certainly not least, thanks to Derby for being the best metamour a person could hope for :)

I love you Redpepper:D

Tomorrow will be my third year sharing the gift of Redpepper's love and family. It's been an incredible journey so far with many new friends and several big triumphs. We've been living together as a family for over a year and have won over many extended family members with the genuine love we share. The biggest testimony to our success is in the happiness Redpepper's son displays in having us all around no matter where we are :)
He is ultimately the proof that shared love beyond monogamy can be healthy, stable, and create a supportive environment for adults and children.
Thanks to Redpepper to working so hard and loving so hard. Thanks to PN for being my friend and family. Thanks to thier son for letting me be his buddy and relive the joy of youth. And last but certainly not least, thanks to Derby for being the best metamour a person could hope for :)

I love you Redpepper:D

I hope you're going somewhere nice to celebrate tomorrow!

Wow! It's so amazing to see such a successful and real relationship unfold. It gives me hope for my future that I had lost concerning Poly. After two very difficult attempts at Poly failing, I wasn't sure it could ever really work. I needed to see this, thank you so much for sharing your journey so far. :)

I really, really love this thread :)

My boyfriend is more "open" than "poly," and would really rather not know about my loves. This has always been frustrating to me, because I feel like it diminishes the relationships I have with them if I'm not allowed to talk about them, even casually.

I've been seeing this man for several months now, and a week or two ago he was coming to pick me up for a movie date. I asked Fly (BF) if he would be ok meeting Punk (newer guy), and he agreed to at least say hello.

Well, my girliness broke the house (hairdryer blew a circuit upstairs), so Fly ended up having to entertain Punk for a good 15 minutes or so while I finished getting ready. When I came downstairs, they were chatting comfortably about Fly's passion (we have trophies from his sport all over the house) and seemed to be very cool.

Later, I asked Fly how it felt, and he said it was much less crunchy and awkward than he expected. They're not going to be besties any time soon, but it's such a relief to have my relationship with Punk accepted and acknowledged.

Tiny little baby steps, sure, but in a great direction! :D

I have an amazing husband who is completely supportive (emotionally and financially!) of my need to stay in regular contact with TGIB and see him more than once every year or two.

And I have an amazing partner who makes a consistent effort to stay in touch with me and include me in his life even when distance and circumstances make that really difficult.

I am so very, very lucky. :)

Redpepper making a difference!

Last night Redpepper facilitated a workshop on mono/poly relationships. I wasn't originally going to attend but enjoy hanging out with her and supporting her when I can. She did an excellent job and people were genuinely touched and learned something I think. I also got to give my perspective and advice to new "mono" people just starting thier journey down this path. It felt good to see Redpepper doing what she loves, and she's damn good at it!

Proud of my Lilo.
It was great to see Derby there too :)

great weekend

So here I am at home for the first time since friday evening. Ended up going over to fourples other house for dinner, but it has turned into the whole weekend. It has been one fantastic love-in all weekend, much happiness and some great lovemaking, even the girls and girls and boys and boys played a bit this weekend.

I have stopped home to get a change of clothes and head back over, the ladies are baking now and i will just help out where i can. Watching the girls make love, with sincere love in it was wonderful this morning.

Some good laughing and we all even got some work done , so all the work that we have put into this relationship has been working, especially since their daughter is home this weekend.

Poly is fantastic.

I'm so glad I found this thread! It's been lovely reading it.

I've had some wonderful moments recently:

My husband and partner hugging each other, and saying how much they enjoyed each others' company.
Husband telling partner: "You're good to and for (Fiona), and I appreciate that."
My partner saying, "I love you. I've been wanting to say that for a long time."
The new person my husband is seeing saying "I like you and I want us to be friends" as she hugged me.
The help and support that my partner, my husband's new lady and the man I've been reconnecting with have given us.

I had been sitting at home alone tonight, trying to work through some things and feeling a bit sorry for myself, and this thread has been a wonderful inspiration. Thanks to all who have posted here!

I'm happy to post a success story at last! My mono husband has finally grown comfortable with my relationships with L (emotional) and C (emotional and sexual within defined boundaries) and I feel oh so happy and in love with all three! The transition nearly split my marriage apart, but finally forced us to dig deep and examine what we really want from each other. Now it feels like we are newlyweds again, expressing our love back and forth all the time.

Sexually I feel more alive than ever. I didn't know sex with my husband would get better as a result of sharing my body with another man, but it thrills me to my toes. C is amazing. It's like he found some old neglected switch in my system and flipped it to "on" and now everything is more intense. My husband struggled before with feeling like my increased libido was meant to manipulate him, like I was rewarding him for letting me be more sexually free, but now he understands that I am just excruciatingly happy and he's accepting my excitement as a positive, and not questioning it.

It's all pretty new and tenuous and I will be surprised if we don't go through more struggles as we get used to this new order, but the current state of affairs is happiness and love abounding.:D

Everyday Ordinary Happy Poly Moments

It seems that I have seen it commented on here before that we see a lot of the "work" of poly when reading the forums. We see the angst and the struggles associated with breaking out of old molds and the thrill and whirlwind of new relationships. The the NRE fades...the relationships work or they don't ...and people wander away and live their lives away from the forum.

Thank you to the "old pros" that keep up their blogs and remind us that poly isn't all about dating and beginnings but can enrich the day-to-day living of our lives.

Did something happen today that just made you smile inside? Not a big elaborate event, not a super-special present, not a momentous discovery...just an ordinary happy poly moment?

Boring Happy Life

I came home from work today to find MrS and Dude all muddy and tired mixing concrete to secure the giant post for the second huge dog run they are erecting for my mutts in the backyard. Music is blaring, beers are being drank...hugs and kisses all around, share a few stories and teasing, and I head inside for my "wind down" from work time.

Tonight we will eat yesterday's leftover Chinese food, drink a few beers, watch TV/surf the internet for a bit, take showers (with company?), go to bed (with company?).

Nothing momentous or terribly exciting, just one of many, many evenings I hope to have with my boys ... doing stuff, living life.

Sorry.

Ordinary happy moments abound on the "sharing success and happiness" sticky. Please feel free to indulge. :)

Sorry for the duplication then.

That thread is/was a little intimidating to me ...I don't know that I am quite willing to declare "success" when our Vee has been intact for less than a year and I generally shy away from posting on threads where I haven't read every single post (at over 1000 posts it may take a while - I'm still working through all the threads tagged "vee" before I start expounding on that topic). (probably a little overly OCD, I know :eek:)

RP: Please move my second post (composed before I read the mod reply - got distracted by men with mud on them:p) - if it is appropriate - and delete this thread.

Last edited:
I haven't posted there as well for nearly the same reasons. I just stick to my blog for those reports up to now. It seems a bit conceited to talk about success when you haven't been around for that long sometimes :)

I haven't posted there as well for nearly the same reasons...It seems a bit conceited to talk about success when you haven't been around for that long sometimes :)

:rolleyes: glad I'm not the only one...thanks! (I love the internet...and these forums...If I'm off my rocker at least I have company! And if I'm not... then I still have company.)

I just stick to my blog for those reports up to now.

I thought about that - but didn't want to derail my own blog - I'm telling a linear story there and jumping to "now" would drive me NUTS. (again with the OC tendencies :p)

So I thought about starting a second blog for random thoughts and rants...but (1) that seemed a bit "too much" somehow, and (2) I fear I would be tempted to write more on the "random" blog with whatever ShineyNewIdea popped into my head (I tend to experience a form of NRE with the thoughts in my own head :confused:) ...and I'd never get around to finishing the "homework" I assigned myself on the first blog...

Ack! I think too damn much :eek:

JaneQ

PS. Phy - I believe read one of your posts somewhere where you were describing a lazy lolling morning with your guys (please forgive me if I have the wrong V/triad) - one was on the computer and there was sex involved and everyone was comfy and fun. I smiled and wiggled when I read it and thought. "Yes...this!" It is these type of moments that contribute to the fulfillment and satisfaction that I feel.

Last edited:
Back