new to the life i always wanted

keiokaki

When i was younger I often found myself wanting both a boyfriend and a girlfriend after discovering that i had feelings for both and could sustain these feelings at the same time. I did not know what polyamory was or had even heard anything about it. For a while i ignored my feelings and resigned to the life of monogamy. Almost two years ago I got married to a wonderful man and while he is my everything I still felt like i wanted more, that i needed more. I then discovered that rather then have a seperate relationship with both a man and woman that i much rather enjoy sharing the love i have for someone else with my husband. He not being a typical male is very skeptical of the whole thing. He use to say that if I could love someone else i must not love him. After a year of convincing and a threesome with my best friend, he has started to soften up. We recentlky shared an online girlfriend in which I believe he has realized that he too could care deeply for more then one person. He is now playing with the idea of having a polyamorous marriage in a traid form but I don't think he is convinced. But I guess all I can do is take it slow and talk to him about it. I'm just scared that he will come to a point where he does not want it and to where I am stuck. I will never leave him and if he makes the choice to be monoagmous i will follow despite my feelings towards being polyamorous. I just hope he can come to understand things that way I do, but at the same time i'm scared to even push the subject.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forums. It seems like you are taking the right apporach to bring him along slowly to accept your desires.

Welcome! I'm new here too. I hope you find this board as welcoming and helpful as I have so far.

Hello and welcome

Thats what we are here for. :D Lean and we will lean back as in time you very well just might have some of us coming to you for your thoughts. Take care and good luck in your venture.

heyla and welcome

baby steps! let him take things as slow as he needs to, and keep talking while he's taking those tiny steps.

lots of luck to you both :)

Back