Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 07-16-2018, 05:47 PM

In the end, my daughter decided that she didn't need to seek medical attention. Maybe the difference of a few day's healing helped, or she simply was too scared to go in, I don't know. She has left town with a friend and although I asked her to give me some details, she has not. I have checked in a couple of times, but she hasn't responded. All I can do is assure myself that if things weren't okay she'd get in touch with me.

Today Bond had the title closing at 11:00 AM for the rental house. He and his wife were both there as they are still married. His wife is happy that they bought a rental as this is something she had wanted to do in the past. She's also reassured that B is the renter and it should be long term. I'd really like to see the place again tonight. I'm trying to influence Bond into redoing the carpet (basement) and tile (kitchen and dining room) before B moves in.

Oh! News! Saturday B sent us a message saying that they accepted an offer on her house and that it closes in August. One showing and it sold. Perfect!

B gets back from her vacation today. We cannot wait to see her!

Things seem kind of sad with Franki and me. I think she's depressed and I feel like I somehow play into her emotional state. She hasn't said anything along those lines, so maybe I'm wrong. She's dealing with a lot of stress regarding her mother and trying to get her ready to downsize into assisted living and her daughter's marriage is falling apart. Maybe that's everything, but I have a feeling there is a section that relates to me, too. I'm ready to go back to being friends and not girlfriends. I feel so much guilt instead of joy when it comes to her. I just don't want to destroy our friendship in the process of backing off.

We were supposed to see each other Thursday night. She was coming to Madison and we were going to eat and then go to the Fete. She messaged that she hadn't left yet around 5:30 and then a few minutes later she said she was canceling due to anxiety and that she had actually left to come up earlier, but had to turn around and go back home. It was our one year anniversary and the next day was her birthday. I will see her on Friday, although I'm not sure we'll get a chance to talk. We are invited to a friends' home for a backyard movie night and we'll both be there with other partners and possibly children. I will need to pick up my grandson after work first. The movie night is shrouded in sadness/concern, because our friend is having brain surgery on Monday, so he and his wife set up a movie night the preceding Friday night. I'm still reeling over the fact that he has a brain tumor. He's the nicest guy and in his 40's. I hope the surgery is successful and that he has a good outcome.
Bea: Bond's former 41 year old cisgender girlfriend
M: Bond's former 46 year old cisgender bisexual ex-girlfriend
Golden: 42 year old male, ex-boyfriend, ex-housemate
Twitch: 46 year old straight cisgender male, ex-husband, father to Shasti's son
Shasti: Twitch's 46 year old straight cisgender girlfriend, mother of Twitch's son

Last edited by Petunia; 07-16-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:11 PM

My daughter got back to me; she's alive and well. And that's all she had to say. Sigh.

Bond and Naya looked at carpet samples after the closing and brought three home. I dislike them all. Bond and I went to the house with the samples and they look so different in the actual environment with the real lighting. Then we went to Menards so I could look at what's available and we grabbed two more samples. The one that his wife prefers is really light colored in two tones with a cross hatch pattern. I straight up told him it was too light and will show stains. He thinks the 10 year stain protection will stop stains. I reminded him that B complained a lot about how light the carpet in her house is, especially when she first moved in and how the kids were getting it dirty. When we showed B the samples she immediately pointed to the light one and declared she hated that mother fucker. LMAO. Of the five samples, her two favorites were the ones I selected. We opened things up for her to look at both Menards and Home Depot to see if there is something she likes better.

We've also decided to have a gas line run to the kitchen so she can have a gas range. Bond just sent a link to compare two ranges. They both look nice.

Seeing the house empty really made it apparent that the walls need a fresh coat of paint. B was hoping they'd only need to paint the kids' rooms, but unfortunately it's all going to need to be painted. We're hoping to have the house ready in the next two weeks. Maybe three. Her house closes on the 31st of August, so we have a fair amount of time. Naya said she's down for helping paint.
Shasti: Twitch's 46 year old straight cisgender girlfriend, mother of Twitch's son
Old 07-18-2018, 02:50 PM

Last night was date night with B and we had a super nice time. We ate dinner at our house (Mississippi pot roast, gravy, cauli mash, mocha fluff) and then went to the new house. B had brought paint samples and the carpet sample. We sorted through the samples and picked our favorite colors at our house, but we wanted to see them in the actual lighting in the new house. We narrowed it down to one color that will be used to cover the white in the downstairs family room, and the upstairs living room, kitchen, and stair well. The accent walls are in dark gray and will remain that color. The kids still need to settle on colors for their rooms.

After the decisions were made we sat on the deck under the pergola, the sellers agreed to leave the patio furniture and cushions, so we pulled those out of the storage chest, and got comfy. She's so excited. She loves the vibe of the house and feels great about it.

This morning she sent a message that said, "I'm STILL so excited about the new place this am. I feel like I'm vibrating. "

And then we went back to our house for drinks and sex.

My daughter sent me a picture of herself last night. She's looking much better. She's wearing light sunglasses and makeup, so it's not easy to tell, but I think her eyes are no longer black and blue. She has her hair dyed super dark (she's a strawberry blonde) and she asked who she looks like. My first thought was me, but B wasn't so sure, so I asked her and she said, "Like you silly goose!"

She said she's convinced more than ever that the girl who beat her up broke and dislocated her hip. I'm trying to get her to go to an emergency room or urgent care to get it examined.

I woke to a friend request from some guy I don't know. I saw that he has two friends in common, my daughter and my nephew. I asked my daughter who he is and she replied that he's her ex-boyfriend that cause all of this and wanted to know why. She's thinking of not returning to our hometown again to live, because of all of this. She may find a job and stay where she is. I told her to find more wholesome peeps this go-round. Damn, that girl can find the bottom of the barrel with no effort.

Bond is comparing stove models. He sent WP a message with the ones he's considering and asked him about his contacts/discount he is always telling us about. He's a contractor so he can get contractor pricing. So far he hasn't responded. Mostly he comes off as a blowhard know-it-all. We're waiting to see if he's more than hot air.

Last edited by Petunia; 07-18-2018 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:18 PM

Today's gotta do's:
  1. Prep a report for release (work)
  2. make sauce and zoodles for dinner tonight
  3. make Swedish meatballs to take to movie night on Friday

We're creating lists for materials and tools, some are purchases, others are things we have and need to gather, and a few are professional services we need to arrange, like a plumber to put in a new gas line.

B is going to start painting today. That kind of scares me 'cause she's a wicked messy painter. Our weekend will probably be consumed with painting and that rather sucks, because I have my grandson this weekend. It's been ages since he's been over, probably May, and I hate to not focus on him. Truth is, he usually spends his time playing video games with the boys, so he'll probably be just fine even if I'm occupied with other stuff. My house on the other hand is seriously in need of cleaning and I don't see where I'm going to find time to get it done.

I cannot believe how much cat hair accumulates in a short time. Ugh. We badly need an iRoomba. Bond made some comment about the cost of one would equate to x number of weeks of not having the cleaners come. Geez, I want one, but I don't want to give up the cleaners. He's already dropped them down to every other week, which means another way to look at it is that we've already saved the amount of an iRoomba by cutting their schedule. He says he'll help clean if we stop the service, but I have no faith that will actually happen as he's never demonstrated a willingness in the past and only does things I request of him. I am not his parent. I am not taking on the role of being the person who directs the chores, and it's not fair for the cleaning and cooking to fall solely on my shoulders when I have a full-time job just like him. Last night it was 8:15 by the time dinner was cooked, eaten, and cleaned up.

Okay, enough grumbling. I'm tired, because the man and the cat were awake at 5:00 am. The cat kept knocking the pocket door in play and the man was on his freaking cell phone. Ugh, light! When I'm this tired everything seems like a big fucking deal and takes so much effort to deal with.

Tags
cohabitation, living situation, living together, new poly, polyamorous