Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 04-22-2018, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsEmotional View Post
What drives me nuts is that my sister keeps talking about how the only thing she is concerned about is my mental health and yet they are bringing up abortion again, which is the only option that literally makes me feel suicidal.
I'm so glad you're not going for abortion. I was biting my lips (or fingers, lol) not to write anything on that topic (thus adding pressure) before you decided, but feeling the dissonance of you wanting a third child... and contemplating abortion... painful even as conveyed across half of the globe.
An abortion definitely can lead to huge psychological problems - I've seen that with a friend of mine.

It's a tough situation. You're handling this very well.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinwen View Post
I'm so glad you're not going for abortion. I was biting my lips (or fingers, lol) not to write anything on that topic (thus adding pressure) before you decided, but feeling the dissonance of you wanting a third child... and contemplating abortion... painful even as conveyed across half of the globe.
An abortion definitely can lead to huge psychological problems - I've seen that with a friend of mine.
Ugh, Tinwen. Having KIDS can lead to huge psychological problems too - I've seen that happen with many friends of mine! So what? Doesn't have anything to do with MsEmotional.

Your first instinct was right--biting your lips.

You are right that it's a relief that MsEmotional has come to the decision that's right for her. But it has nothing to do with your personal feelings about abortion (which are apparently based on the experience of a one random friend of yours).
Old 04-28-2018, 03:59 PM

Hello everyone.

I have decided that this thread isn't really appropriate for the "Poly Relationships Corner" anymore. It's less about my original question and more about updates and my thoughts and feelings while decision-making.

For that reason, I have decided to stop posting here and continue any further updates over at my blog: http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showt...247#post392247 Skip to post #105 that I just made today if you don't want to scroll through the first 104 posts before the pregnancy thing happened.

No need to continue to follow over there just because you've been watching this thread. I just wanted to make sure that anyone searching for threads on the topic of polyamory, unplanned pregnancy, and uncertain paternity would be able to connect this thread to the rest of the story and see how this situation turns out.

Amours
Glasses: my husband of 8 years --> 35, M, Queer
Ponytail: my first-poly-date-turned-boyfriend --> 35, M, Pansexual
Laptop: my (not-so-platonic?) poly friend --> 31, M, Straight

Metamours and Others
Ginger: Glasses' partner --> 30ish, Transgender (FTM)
MsPolitical: Glasses' ex and potential new romantic interest --> 35ish, F
LadyLaptop: Laptop's wife --> 30ish, F
Giraffe: Laptop's FWB --> 30ish, F
Glitzy: Ponytail's interest --> 35, F

Last edited by MsEmotional; 04-28-2018 at 04:06 PM.

Tags
abortion, risks