Hi from no where ontario

Hello and welcome :D.

I'm in Kitchener, lol. (about 45 minutes west of Pearson Airport if the traffic is good. Bad traffic means we might never get there because we can't get over into the right lane to get to the airport, lmao)

Mm, Kitchener - I have fond memories of going to a german market somewhere near there, eating wonderful german food and hearing german spoken - it was a very cool experience.

That could have have been the St. Jacob's Farmer's Market. A lot of the Mennonites bring their produce into Market on Saturday's (Thursdays as well soon).

Kitchener Market doesn't have the German influence that the St. Jacob's market does for some reason. Kitchener was founded by German's (original name was Berlin) but the farm land has been all used up for housing, business, etc. so they slowly migrated to farm country. St. Jacob's, Elmira, etc.

Although, come Oktoberfest (October 8-16 this year) you wouldn't know that German wasn't the mother tongue around here, lol.

I just learned that they are hoping to get Ellen DeGeneres as Grand Marshall for the parade. *gak, spew, uck*

ahh beer garden girls...beer, bbq, sausage...german is ok too...haha

ok seriously, if you guys keeping talking about the few things I miss in ontario I might have to make a trip home, jesus...

ahh beer garden girls...beer, bbq, sausage...german is ok too...haha

ok seriously, if you guys keeping talking about the few things I miss in ontario I might have to make a trip home, jesus...

Let's see--beer & ribs fest is coming up
International Day (?)
Victoria Day
Canada Day
beer garden girls
brats
me
Breathes & Possibility
mmmmmmm, let me think, IS there more? *wink*

Let's see--beer & ribs fest is coming up
International Day - I live in an international town, I get enough international exposure...how bout national day :)
Victoria Day - Here
Canada Day - actually great time to leave town...whistler turns into a cowboy western for this day :)
beer garden girls - ya, my ex won't dressup for me anymore, so this is a selling point
brats - ... :)...I assume you mean kids...otherwise you mean :eek:...the good kind
me - always good to meet people off of forusm :)
Breathes & Possibility
mmmmmmm, let me think, IS there more? *wink*

Actually I may be back in the fall if I can swing the time. An old buddy is newly single and I have a girl friend of mine who wants to introduce me to her gf. First time she has been serious about anyone in years.

So you may get a pm saying I am on my way :)

Actually I may be back in the fall if I can swing the time. An old buddy is newly single and I have a girl friend of mine who wants to introduce me to her gf. First time she has been serious about anyone in years.

So you may get a pm saying I am on my way :)

WOOT! That would be awesome!

The only peeps I've met from forums are people I already knew in the first place, lol.

wow, i get sick for a day and i come back to a whole page of replies. :) I'll be in Toronto in mid july for a convention and while there im looking at apartments.
I used to live in north york, jane and finch area. I'm not sure if i want to move back there or try a different part of the city. I need a 2 bedroom kid/pet friendly place close to transit. Anyone up for a challenge? :p

Oh how I miss the lake life in NWO. Nothing like it. So fresh and clean smelling. Nothing like a lake. I love the ocean and wouldn't leave it, but I do miss summer on the lake.

I'm missing the warm weather! What's up with this crap? We're supposed to be much warmer than this by now! Two weeks of freezing, one day of warm weather and now it's cool again! At least I don't have to shovel, brush or scrape what's on the ground now, lol. Well, unless you count the dog owners who don't poop & scoop, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Back