Tats & Piercings?

Tattoos

do you have a tattoo announcing your "out of the closet" poly life or have you seen anyone that does? or somehting more subtle than "announcing" but still means it?

do you have a tattoo announcing your "out of the closet" poly life or have you seen anyone that does? or somehting more subtle than "announcing" but still means it?

I know some people locally who do, but I don't think it's a common thing.

I have 11 holes in my ears, plus eyebrow, navel and tongue. 3 tats
Hubs has his ears pierced were gauged but took them out awhile back because work environment. And he has 1 tat.
Chris

I had my ears pierced before I joined the navy. they've since closed up. I have 2 tattoos on my chest, the comedy and tragedy masks. then I have a big tribal across my back with the gemini sign inside of it. I'm gonna get more eventually.

I have 7 tattoos and I have 3 piercings (I did have 10).

Piercings include: VCH, Tongue, Vertical Labret
Retired: Nipples, 3 in right ear, 2 in left (all but nips were stretched)

Tattoos:

1. Raven on right shoulder (for my son).
2. Mother Nature on right forearm.
3. Awen symbol on left side of neck
4. Navy Wing Seal with Clover in shield in middle of my upper back (miscarriage/grandfather's death)
5. Hummingbirds and words: Sine periculo non vita est (Without risk, there is no life) on my chest (for great grandparents, personal message taken from my great grandfather's family crest)
6. Woman under water with fish - "Lovely of the Lake" (for my daughter)
7. Pin-up nurse on left side of left calf.

Last edited:
In a sexual context - vanilla typically means "man/woman, missionary, no thrills, no toys, non-kinky, conservative sex."

At least in my mind . . . I'm sure some will add, change or argue my definitions.

I think vanilla just means not kinky. However, vanilla certainly does not mean missionary only, no toys, no thrills, nor conservative. Or even hetero only. It just means not kinky. Or perhaps not overly kinky. ;)

Vanilla means "plain and ordinary." When used in any alternative community, it refers to those people who are not in that community. It refers to the fact that vanilla ice cream is "plain flavour" and then you have all sorts of "other flavours".

Good way to put it. But ordinary doesn't necessarily mean boring.

Last edited:
I don't have any tats or anything but a pattern of freckles . . . I have thought a great deal about what I would get if I were brave enough to get a tattoo. Can't decide.

I have no tats and no piercings aside from my ears... boring!

The ONLY reason I've never gotten a tat is because I could never decide on what to get.

When I was 15, I wanted a tattoo so badly - a rose on my wrist. Glad I never got it. My interests, hobbies, and passions have changed so many times over the years, there is no symbol or design I could ever want to live with permanently. In addition, now I don't really like tattoos much. I can admire the artistry, but the fact that it's on a human body is kind of a turn-off for me, especially really big tats. Little ones, okay, but it's just not something I'm drawn to. Oddly enough, now that I'm thinking about it, I've never been involved with anyone who had tattoos either. I was hopeful about someone I was conversing with on OKC who had full sleeves, but that was radically different for me (we wound up not getting together). I guess tattoos are just really not my thing.

About piercings, I am more open to them (a little bit) and I really like nostril piercings. In the early 70s, when I was in grade school and it was pretty much unheard of, I admired this girl in my town who had a pierced nostril. She was in high school and dressed very unconventionally (for those days) in 1940s style dresses and shoes with red nail polish, with long flowing hippie hair and a pierced nostril. I thought she was the bomb! But I do feel a bit similarly about piercings as I do about tats. I like the more conventional ones better. I have three holes in one ear (one in the other) and used to wear two or three earrings in each hole. Took me a long time after I stopped wearing so many earrings at once, to get used to turning my head and not hearing the tinkling sound of jewelry. I had often considered piercing the top part of the ear cartilage, but instead just had a few nice ear cuffs. I had my nostril pierced in the 90s but let it close up after about five years. My husband never would have even found me attractive if I had that in when we met. I am thinking of re-piercing that or doing the other nostril. I do like jewelry but nothing too obvious. I like it when it's something you don't notice right away, so that sparkle on the side of my nose is like a little surprise. Any other types of piercings kind of gross me out. But I do admire all the creativity and thoughtfulness people put into body art.

Last edited:
I have eight tattoos. getting my ninth on monday:D Its an important one for me, and I'm both nervous and excited about it because it is to remind me of a dear friend.
i have three piercings on each earlobe, left side of my nose, nipples and a right monroe. I have had my bellybutton and right side of my nose pierced, but taken them out.

One tat: burnt orange Longhorn on my right outer ankle (HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!)

Ears have two holes each, both nipples pierced. Had a cartilage on my left ear, but it kept getting irritated so I took it out years ago. Plans for my next piercing is a dermal necklace across my collar bone (about 5). I will get another tat, just need to figure out what it's going to be (something to incorporate our boys).

since i last posted here i have gotten 2 more tattoos and 3 more piercings. i have now got my tongue done and a daith piercing in each ear. MY 2 latest tats are a yellow ribbon on my left forearm and the hatchetgirl from ICP on my right shoulder. i'm planning 2 more right now but the town i living in has no tattooists :(

i have a couple tats on my back, one on my chest and ankle. my current piercings in my ear all the way up, a monroe, tongue, hood and chest. im going to get my nips done when I finished nursing the baby

231075_10150182632022811_631147810_7265069_839845_n.jpg

Seems like I'm the only guy that is really into piercings I guess.
I had my tongue one, but it hurt and I left it out cause it never really healed right.
I have both nips ,and frenum and Prince Albert piercings.

I have no tattoos and no piercing, but all three of the women in my life do. In fact, one of the women is the tattoo artist for the other two. Some days I worry about how the girlfriend stares at my nipples and mutters "Hmmmmmmm..."

I currently have 4 tattoos. I feel them on my skin before I get them, and I definitely have some new ink on the way.

#1 - a grouping of 3 daisy-type flowers on my upper outer left thigh. They have peace signs in the middles of them and represent my 3 sons and my wish for peace in their hearts.

#2 - a purple hummingbird hovering over the 3 flowers on my thigh. A memorial for my sister who passed away at age 34. Purple was her favorite color and she is permanently watching over my children.

#3 - My signature tat. I call it the "peaceful sunflower". It is on my back between my shoulder blades. It is a fully blossomed sunflower with a peace sign in turquoise in the middle. Multicolored and done by an exceptional artist. I am so proud of this tat and it means so much to me. It is the embodiment of my personality.

#4 - Cherry Blossom. This is for the women in my life. Cherry blossoms have multiple meanings. They represent female dominance, love, and the transience of life. I have 13 blossoms (my lucky number) on a branch, tattooed onto my left calf from ankle to knee. Life is short and beauty must be appreciated while you have it. These blossoms are for strong women. My mom, my besties, my grandmas, and yes, even for me. This tattoo was done freehand by the same artist that did my sunflower. He drew it onto my leg with a sharpie then inscribed it into my flesh. No stencils, no flash. I am stopped frequently by people who comment on my ink and I am very, very proud of this tatt.

Future plans: There are two tiny butterflies and a little ladybug that live on my upper outer left thigh in the memorial garden. The butterflies are 2 miscarriages that I had, and they belong with my other children. We'll meet again someday. The ladybug is purely for luck, to be placed near my children.

I'm pretty sure one lives on my right foot, and there is something that goes along my right ribcage. A star will be placed on my right hip (but it's likely to be scalpel-work rather than a tattoo). I'd also like to do something for my daddy, but I haven't felt that one yet.

As for piercings, I've only done my ears. I wear three emerald studs and an emerald hoop in my left ear and a single emerald stud and and emerald hoop in my right. I'm a May-baby and emeralds are my birthstone. I much prefer them to diamonds.

I didn't get my first tattoo until after age 40. I always wanted one but I never did it. After I made my decision, I have no regrets. I truly believe the body is a temple and I want my temple to be ornately decorated. This is art and this is emotion in practice. No regrets.:)

Finally going to take the plunge and get this done.

It's the Seal of Rassilon from Doctor Who combined with the O))) of the Sunn (amps and band) logo... the O))) is representative of heavy music and stuff rather than the band though.

Attachments

• sunn2.jpg
    sunn2.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 5
The cross and anchor says "God protect us, we protect the USA"

Attachments

• P1000252.jpg
    P1000252.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 249478_920998989038_55700134_43034863_5481738_n.jpg
    249478_920998989038_55700134_43034863_5481738_n.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 15