Opening a monogomous relationship

Kateri74

Hi

I have been in a monogomous relationship for nearly 8 years now and my bisexual boyfriend told me 2 weeks ago that 70% of the time our sex life is great, 20% of the time it is good but the other 10% he is not satisfied because I can't offer him what a male can. He wants to introduce another male into the mix which is upsetting, confusing and a little exciting at the same time as I have only ever been in mono relationships and don't really know what to expect from the type of relationship that my partner is after.

My emotions are all over the place at the moment, ranging from jealousy because I don't like to share and then excitement thinking about being there and watching and eventually possibly joining in. So this has been a learning curve for me as well with all the new feelings and thoughts going through my head.

We have spoken at length about what each of us wants and he has told me at this point in time he wants to be with me becuase he loves me and this is the happiest he has ever been in a relationship, but he can't predict what the future holds and because of this negative thoughts pop into my head like he will fall head over heals in love with this guy and won't want to be with me anymore. This is just an insecurity that I need to learn to deal with and if it did happen then I feel I need to walk away.

Unfortunately I am a very jealous person, but I want my partner to be happy and if that means trying new things then I am willing to give it a try. Sometimes I am scared of my own emotions, I don't want to get his hopes up that I will be able to deal with this. I know the first time will be the real test for me.

Thanks for listening

Back