the schtuff on schtuff

schtuff

ok yeah that was a bit dorkish, which makes it appropriate. :p

i myself am a husband, father, artist. as you can see, capitalization escapes me, and as you will see so do apostrophes, except for the odd occasion, and spell check hates me! i also take pride in my dorkitude, and relentless wordsmithing.

my wife of 18 years, and i, have been poly for 13 or 14 years. upon deciding to be open, the only thing we knew about were swingers, but both of us found that our hearts were to big to not share the emotion, and that the emotion made relationships so much more special. our 13th anniversary, we renewed our vows, which were very nicely written, to stress respect, boundless love, and honesty, but not monogamy.

like any other couple, we have had our struggles, and together we get through them.

i went searching for some wisdom in a recent time of internal struggle, and found you all here. there are some members i already respect, and discussions that have helped me back on track to centering myself. thank you.

so for now, hi!
schtuff

What's a 14yr vet going to find here of value? I 'm guessing the poly longevity Book has your pictures and quote's in it ....wow congradulations. Your input should be very helpful here. How many relationships have you and yor wife had in those years?

thank you for the welcome.

dinged, 14 years yes, but from time to time we still feel like newbies. which honestly is what brought me to the forum. i needed a bit of centering, and to glean some encouragement with a current situation. which i am glad to say that i found.
as for how many relationships.... i have had 3 fully invested relationships, and the occasional dating-getting-to-know-and-see-how-it-goes, kind of things, with various levels of intimacy. she has had her share of serious relationships, and dating. I myself am quite lucky to have found the love of my life.

cindie, i am sure we will figure it out as i get to know you guys better. and yours is one of the names i remember from my reading through the forums, but i dont remember the comments, i was in a bit of a deep fog, and fuzzled like you would not believe. so i concentrated on picking up the messages, bits and pieces i needed.

schtuff

Welcome, schtuff. :) I, too, need some centering and some reminding that, despite my recent heartbreak, things will get better.

nycyndie, the person you're thinking of might have been me. I've been functioning as poly for 15 years, but I consider myself to have always had that orientation. I'm finding it good to be here among other poly people, even though I've been around the block a few times. ;)

Could be me too, have had a poly relationship for 15 years as well

Hi, Lucky! Nice to meet you. :) Glad to know I'm not the only "old timer" here.

cindie, woof, woof..woofwoof! :D

JG

I know. I said old timer. I'm old. :D I own it. I'm almost 50!!!!! :p

Back