What did you do today that made you smile?

Started carving my new block...OMG I never thought about the kind of wood I was using before....LOVE this shina! Have been in happy artist la la land since i started this piece. Maybe I will post a pic when I'm done. :D Listened to some voice notes sent to me from my boyfriend just to keep me from being lonely while he's overseas with his mother...and while my husband is out of town for work.

Early this morning I was listening to This American Life with 2Rings. When I woke for the day I read the funniest post on FB from a dear friend....and played Words With Friends with my love. They all made me laugh today.

It really wasn't what I did, but what another did for another. I was coming outta physical therapy, waiting for my god son to come get me. Out in the distance, I'd say 20 feet or so. This older lady tripped on the sidewalk. this kid, i'd say about 15. jumped off his skateboard and helped her up. Made me smile. the smallest kindness still lives.

I had a nice long talk with the girlfriend, she always makes me feel good about myself, it's nice to know there are two wonderful women willing to be at my side, and deal with my bipolar foolishness.

I spent some time in the workshop today, listening to a Dresden Files ebook and doing some work.

I made a black ring belt with the Norse runic alphabet stamped into it with the runes painted gold. It's for Yoda for tomorrow. It's got some flaws with it I'm not 100% happy about, but I learned a few things about the new things I was working with.

But being down there, working with BrigidsDaughter in her area sewing, put a smile on my face as we worked to bring someone special to us a little happiness.

The wife and I just sang Bohemian Rhapsody, loudly, and badly, it was epic

I had a nice long talk with the girlfriend, she always makes me feel good about myself, it's nice to know there are two wonderful women willing to be at my side, and deal with my bipolar foolishness.

I feel the same about my fellas. :)

I hugged my husband today. Not everyone gets to do that, as I've been reminded on facebook.

Nothing poly related; first day back at my old job and my old client, who won't leave the house for his ICC; excitedly met me on his outside stairs and went to Burger King with me. :) I am awesome!

Bump

I went on a fun motorcycle ride with my love, then later went for a bike ride by my self. Both had me smiling and were lots of fun.

Waking up sucks, but greeting my lovey cat in the morning is always worth a smile.

This thread is great!

I woke up in Boy's arms, went to bed with Hubby for another couple of hours, then had a mediocre day at work. :D

Back