Good morning!

MNDAN

Hi! I'm Dan.

First I guess I have to say that I'm not (and have never been) a practicing Polyamorist, so I feel a little bit goofy for being here. But I believe I've always identified as poly, but never knew what that really meant.

I grew up with a giant stick in my ass, and I'm still not sure I've gotten it completely removed, but I love the rare times I get to openly discuss human sexuality and be around people who are confident in themselves.

I'm currently going through a divorce that is complicated and painful. I'm very much looking forward to the end of this tunnel, but so far there is no light. My X is bipolar. And while that is not a label that ensures heartache and emotional abuse, in this case it surely has occurred.

I'm in a pretty rural area of Northern MN and have a pretty busy life with very few, very solid friends. I'm really looking forward to spending time in this community with people who are able to share relationship difficulties and successes openly. Who are able to articulate emotions and beliefs that are outside this "normal" world that has let me down. Thanks for being here.

Greetings Dan,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Sorry to hear about the rough divorce you're going through. Some divorces never completely heal, you just carry on as best you can.

Polyamory is an exciting development in modern human relationships, and I hope you'll be able to thoroughly explore its issues and concepts during your stay on this site. Have a thorough look-around (as time permits) and don't hesitate to post more thoughts, questions, and/or concerns along the way. I always try to stay on top of the intro threads, so you can always ping me on this thread.

Thanks for joining up with us, and I hope we'll be able to talk more.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Message anytime

Feel free to send me messages, I would love to get to know you and share my experiences with you, good and bad. I would hope one day you would want that too :) Have a great weekend, and welcom

Back