Love you but...

Nothing?

Unrequited love I'm pretty familiar with...I could make a career of barking up the wrong tree if someone would just pay me for it!:cool:

But yeah...just because you might want a relationship with someone, doesn't mean it would be right for them. Would it be ethical to force anything in such a circumstance?

So I do the only thing I can...carry on.

Does he know how you feel?

Well then, he loves you, you love him... sounds like you can and do have a relationship with him, but as a friend and not a lover. I don't think it's your love you need to "lock up" -- it's the lust. I find that if I let myself enjoy the friendship for everything it gives me, eventually the lust dies down and isn't as overwhelming, which makes enjoying the attraction much easier and joyful.

Last edited:
Well then, he loves you, you love him... sounds like you can and do have a relationship with him, but as a friend and not a lover. I don't think it's your love you need to "lock up" -- it's the lust. I find that if I let myself enjoy the friendship for everything it gives me, eventually the lust dies down and isn't as overwhelming, which makes enjoying the attraction much easier and joyful.
+1
Sounds like that to me too. Been there plenty myself, I'm sure many of us have. =]

That's pretty much the deal with me and Sweetheart right now. Mutually acknowledged loving feelings and maybe, someday, we'll be able to meet and not have to feel like we are going behind his wife's back or something. It can still be wonderful and meaningful and yes, frustrating, but would you rather cut him out of your life completely?

...would you rather cut him out of your life completely?

There is no cutting him out of my life. Circumstances dictate that he will be in my life a LONG time.

I will just enjoy the time I get to spend with him and maintain a composure that is comfortable for all involved.

:)

I am in a somewhat similar situation and I hope at some point to be able to follow nycindie's advice. Good luck

Well, you know my situation with 'T' . :) It got easier when he wasn`t around, and I haven`t yet 'settled' when he is around. I`m doing a excellent job of keeping it to myself though.

However, I long ago made the acknowledgement, and decision, that I can love 'NSA'. When you learn to let go of that 'angst' then there is a certain calmness, and acceptance that comes about. Self-discipline is also a handy tool. :D

I`m curious about nycindie`s 'lust' theory. I`ve had the hots for Gina Gershon for 12 years,....it isn`t dying down. Haha. :p ;)

I think for the most part its ok... I don't see him often, I don't have long indepth conversations with him often, we pop up in each others' feeds on fb and occasionally I get a chance to talk to him on the phone.

Its when we have deep, intimate, indepth conversations that the love wells up and spills over into my psyche.

Although lately, more often than not, I feel like a giddy schoolgirl when he comments on something of mine...

*sigh*

Im in a simular situation too - loving someone who doesnt return that love, whom i have to see on a regular basis.

I hope you find peace, hell i hope we all do

When you learn to let go of that 'angst' then there is a certain calmness, and acceptance that comes about. Self-discipline is also a handy tool.
Very good point. Loving someone is a selfish matter. Sometimes its kind of cozy and warm to love without anyone knowing it or the person knowing it. Its a kind of secret joy and yes, a calm acceptance. I would even say a comfort. No one can take that away. When I am feeling like that for someone its almost the self discipline that makes it better.

After Saturday night, I really needed to read this over again.

It doesn`t change anything, but the 'T' in my story decided out of nowhere, to tell me all their thoughts and feelings for me. On one hand, the selfish side, is glad to know its not one-sided, nor imagined. On the other hand, it`s moot and doesn`t change anything. I need to just be grateful for the friendship and the knowledge I guess.

Last edited:
Here's my advice:

Sing along to the soundtrack of "Camelot," and go on dates with other people.

It works. Takes a while, but it works.

Back