Living Life, Loving People

ThoughtsIgnite

Hi, I'm going by the name ThoughtsIgnite, and I'm a polyamorous man, 23 years old. I grew up in a household and community where emotional connection between everyone was considered good and normal. Three or four years ago I began hearing about polyamory amongst friends and I was like "Oh. There are people who have already put words to how I experience human relationships. That makes sense. Cool!"

I've been in monogamous and polyamorous romantic relationships. Outside of romance and sexuality my whole orientation towards human relationships is geared toward building connection and breaking down resistance to connection. Polyamory community should have space for all of it, and from what I've seen so far, it does.

At present I'm fresh into an awesome new primary relationship with a woman had a crush on for years. After the spark and before spending any more time with me, she expressed her frustration with being referred to as so-and-so's "girlfriend," how she wants to learn about relationship freedom and she uttered the word "polyamory" first (I'd never talked to her about the subject of relationship styles before). I listened intently, trying to prevent my jaw from dropping to the ground, and let her know that I was on board with that and that I really liked her. Now we're hanging out in the bliss of new love, and it feels beautiful.

Why did I seek out a polyamory forum? I want a like-minded community to post questions and seek answers related to sex and relationships.

My big question right now: Does this forum permit discussion of sex and organs explicitly or does it steer towards matters of relationship desires and emotions?

I'm looking forward to gaining useful insights by participating with likeminded people on this forum!

Hi ThoughtsIgnite,
Welcome to our forum.

Re:
"My big question right now: Does this forum permit discussion of sex and organs explicitly or does it steer towards matters of relationship desires and emotions?"

For the most part, I have to leave that question for the moderators, and/or more experienced members; I really haven't been here long enough to give you a solid answer. What you're talking about might be permitted, maybe, but most of the threads I've seen so far tend to talk more about the emotional aspect of things.

It sounds like you have a good grounding in polyamorous matters, and I imagine you'll have valuable contributions to add. Any questions you have, we'll try to answer!

Regards,
Kevin T.

. Now we're hanging out in the bliss of new love, and it feels beautiful.

First of all "Congratulations!" Joy!:D To find someone who feels as you do and wants what you want - FTW!

Why did I seek out a polyamory forum? I want a like-minded community to post questions and seek answers related to sex and relationships.

I feel that this is the place for that - Q&A with people who don't autmatically assume that you are a bad person because you want what you want.

My big question right now: Does this forum permit discussion of sex and organs explicitly or does it steer towards matters of relationship desires and emotions?

While many of the threads focus on the relationship/feelings aspects of things we can certainly talk about (dirty/kinky/sweaty/messy) sex! From the User Guidelines:

This is a site intended for adults, so we expect discussions to be able to include adult language. That means that we aren’t going to fuss about the use of adult language. As long as a participant isn’t creating a hostile atmosphere by cursing, we figure it’s OK to include some salty language.

We also allow adult content in discussions. Participants are free to discuss sexual matters frankly and explicitly within the appropriate context. For example, participants are free to mention that some situation arose when they were "fucking one partner and another entered the room" without fear of official censure.

(Note: any images you post, however, should be R-rated or lower)

So, for instance, I can say "Dude is horny all the fucking time. In fact, I can tell that he wants to fuck the shit out of me right now (seeing as how he is sitting behind me and molesting me as I type right now). MrS is not helping - I have turned into a molesty JaneQ sandwich..."

(PS: If you want to read some steamy stuff suggest Windstar's blog - makes me wiggle: http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22822 :eek:

I'm looking forward to gaining useful insights by participating with likeminded people on this forum!

Welcome! I think you have a good chance of finding what you are seeking here.

JaneQ

PS. Now I gotta go...apparently the molesting worked :rolleyes:

Back