The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Hi Magdlyn. She wasnt in on the conversation.... it was just he and I. We covered a range of other topics, too, and I used the opportunity to check out a few things, like what exactly the church is telling my wife. Its always good to know the enemy's strategy, eh? :D

we were interrupted and ran out of time when his judgemental homophobia started showing. I was looking forward to really baiting him by asking "should same sex couple be allowed to adopt children?" :D:D

I'm mischievious sometimes !

I'm ill. My boy had a bad cold last week. I took leave from work this week to do a ton of stuff around the house. But now I'm on leave and I'm sick with his cold. A lot of people here in the UK have this cold, and theres a tummy bug doing the rounds, too.

Hasnt kept me off here, though - geez I'm addicted ! :);)

Congrats, BrigidsDaughter!

Husband is sick...sort of. Poor guy was coughing all night and I think he might have a low-grade fever. I'm having some alone time with the boyfriend for the first time in a while today, then we all might hang out later. Also, went to my first "office christmas party" today. I feel so grown up. (giggles)

I haven't posted in months, but I have been lurking daily. My situation hasn't changed much in the last six months. I finally got around to admitting to myself that I'm in love with our good friend (Mad Scientist), although I don't know if I will ever tell him.
My partner (Gamer Boy) asked an old crush to lunch this summer and was rejected. But he has a new crush, which is pretty darn cute.

I'm slowly losing my grip on sanity.

I'm in the middle of grading a set of massive essay projects from my one of my ethics classes. By the time I'm done, I will have read, commented on, and evaluated something just shy of 600 pages of text . . . of highly variable quality!

I started yesterday afternoon, and I am just now approaching the half-way point.

Who designed this stupid class, anyway?

(Oh, wait. I did. Dang.)

I might have to find a new home for my dog. I'm travelling more for work and he is a dog that needs to be around people a lot. I worry he may be happier with someone else. I don't need to decide anytime soon but the idea makes me very sad. I would miss my little buddy.

Right now, I really don't want to love the Mad Scientist anymore. I'm tired of my heart hurting, I really thought once I admitted my feelings to myself, it would get better. Admitting it has only made me realize I've had feelings for him, for at least a year. Even if my intuition is right and he does have feelings for me, he obviously doesn't want to do anything about them. Ugh, I was better off before I realized I had feelings for him. I'm rambling, sorry.

Today was a weird day. Started off early and in the workshop. Started working away on some things to sell. Then I realized I had messed up some math and forgot to take some things into account and that several of the items where dubiously useful at best.

Then the headache hit me out of the blue and flattened all motivation to work, as well as threw me into a short little funk. I also got hit with a major case of exhaustion. After something like two meals worth of food I physically feel better, but the funk lingers.

As for right this moment, I'm feeling down as I ponder my life and how frustrating parts of it are. Sometimes I wish I had more poly friends I could vent some of these issues too without airing everything out.

Today was a weird day. Started off early and in the workshop. Started working away on some things to sell. Then I realized I had messed up some math and forgot to take some things into account and that several of the items where dubiously useful at best.

I hate when that happens. I'm having similar issues with some wood projects.

As for right this moment, I'm feeling down as I ponder my life and how frustrating parts of it are. Sometimes I wish I had more poly friends I could vent some of these issues too without airing everything out.

There are a good many people here (and on FB, some even on both:)) that would welcome a PM from you so you can vent, with out going public. Seriously, sometimes venting to someone else can help.

As for how I'm doing; I'm feeling meh. Runic Wolf just called to let me know they added 4 more hours to his shift today and more to his shift tomorrow, so I don't know if we'll have the stuff done in time to get them to the store on time for Yule sales. It sucks that I can't help him with that stuff because I'm a complete novice at leather working.

So right now I'm stuck waiting on my mother in law to take me to get the car, so I can put the paycheck in the bank; get the blown headlight replaced; and pick up a few presents.

Beginning to recover from a week of flu, during which time I could not get myself motivated to do anything too useful, other than enjoy my little boy. Feeling a bit perkier today, and have made it to my man-cave at the end of the Garden. :) :)

I never write here but as I have been up for hours with wicked insomnia as a result of work related stress I thought I would write. Likely out of delerium at this point. Not much to say. So that's about it. I guess I just needed to tell someone that I am not coping.

A coworker asked me if I was going to go West for the holidays. I told her Beloved and I had broken up. (I've been quiet about this at work because I do not feel like talking about it.) She gasped in surprise and said she was really sorry. I promptly burst into tears and could not stop crying for a few moments. How fucking mortifying. (She was really very sweet about it.) Guess I've been repressing pain too much.

After a rather irritating conversation with Mad Scientist, I feel like crap. We constantly banter and bicker back and forth and this time it hit a nerve or two. Everyone is so used to me hanging out with guys but I get so tired of being seen as one of the boys. It sometimes feels like I have to be one of the boys or nothing.
He called and apologized, very considerate but now I just feel sad rather than mad. I got some things off my chest about his unusual behavior and said that I was upset about more than our miscommunication. It was a mature, adult conversation and I really wished I felt better for having it, but I don't.

I went to a Christmas party with my boyfriend and had a wonderful time. It was nice to be in a social situation as a couple with him. Usually, I feel guarded with him if we're in a remotely public place, because there is always the chance that I will have to explain myself if the wrong person should see us (work, family). It was just really, really relaxing and nice. I love my boyfriend's friends, and I'm really thankful that my husband allows me to have this. :D

Back