OKC in the house?

C

Ceoli

So who has OK Cupid profiles here? I need more fun stalkage there. I'm Seinneann on OKC.

Anyone else wanna join the roll call?

I'm there too. :) Same ID

yeah, I joined just to see what/who was out there, maybe make some acquaintences or friends in my area. Same ID almost...I have to be the_vandalin. someone beat me to my name!

Ok....Cupid !

Trisha (Stormsinger) and I are on OKCupid. Look up Hakiem.

Just Me,
Tim

Me and Damncatfish got profiles for like four days and then deleted them in a dramatic act of solidarity. We were just on there too much- too many people right around us pressing in- and we figured we weren't quite cool with it.

Was very fun and addicting however. We wrote each other's info and made a sort of game of it. Ultimately we decided to delete them because we still have lots to work out and were a little skeert of the internet dating right off like that.

I keep going to the site and thinking about it. Hubby is egging me on. But I'm just not into the internet thing. I'm not into the going out and looking for a relationship thing at all. I'd much rather just meet people naturally and see what develops.

Actually, I don't really use it to look for relationships though some have managed to find me through the site. I find it an interesting place to meet people, though. When I first moved to London and knew nobody, it was great to have an additional avenue to meet people. The same held true when I got displaced to Florida.

Besides, I consider meeting people online to be no less natural than meeting people in other ways these days.

You said it was just as natural to meet people either way and she said she doesn't really go out of her way to meet people in real-life either (or something like that, it's right there a couple messages ago).

(Edit) Quoting from XYZ123:

I'm not into the going out and looking for a relationship thing at all. I'd much rather just meet people naturally and see what develops.

I keep going to the site and thinking about it. Hubby is egging me on. But I'm just not into the internet thing. I'm not into the going out and looking for a relationship thing at all. I'd much rather just meet people naturally and see what develops.

To me, that does not imply not going out of the way to meet people in real life. It implies meeting people circumstantially without any prescribed intentions. It also implied to me that both the internet and prescribing intentions (i.e. "looking" for a relationship) could at odds with meeting people naturally.

I was just saying that for me, meeting people online just as natural as any other way and I don't consider meeting people through a social networking site to be at odds with that and also agreeing with not having prescribed intentions on the net or off the net.

I was just making an observation; I wasn't trying to start a debate.

XYZ can certainly clarify it if I made a mistake interpreting what she said.

I wasn't debating, just clarifying what I posted. I was relating to what XYZ posted, not debating.

Last edited:
I meant meeting people for dating purposes through the internet. I'm not into the internet dating thing. Just as I'm not into going out meeting people for the purpose of dating. I do talk to people through the net as well as in person if they happen to cross my path and we get along. But never with the intent of looking for someone to date. Like internet dating sights or going cruising at bars. I'm more into making friends and maybe something comes from that. I feel like looking specifically for partners blinds me to anyone who doesn't fit exactly what I want. And I don't join dating sights because people are usually there for dating and I don't really want to be initially approached with that intent.

XYZ, agreed :)

Which is why I particularly like OKC because I view it more as a networking site than a dating site. I've made quite a few friends that way and sometimes those friendships have developed into something more, but that's now what I set out to do when I meet people either online or otherwise.

I'm nikkiana on there.

I don't tend to use it as dating site so much as a "find new people who are interested in the same things I am" type of site... I've had all sorts of relationships come from being on there, from a romantic relationships, friendships, even some work related contacts have been made there. For me, meeting people online first is just as easy as in real life...

Back