you know what they say about curiosity and cats

puffytailcat

hello! i'm bright, shiny and new to this board and to the practice of polyamory as well. i'm not new to thinking about polyamory--i've read books and blogs and been in touch with a number of folks who're polyamorous over the years, but until now it wasn't an option i felt comfortable introducing to my partner.

i'm 20-something, female, bicurious (which means it feels like a possibility but i haven't had the opportunity), kink-curious (ditto), chunky but well-proportioned and very sweet, i'm told =) i live in the eastern part of north carolina.

i have been together and monogamous with my partner, e, for 7 years and married for 3. we are just beginning to discuss being nonmonogamous, and my personal preference leans towards polyamory as opposed to other forms of nonmonogamy. i'm pretty idealistic so that's a tendency i have to balance out (ie, i want a house full of lovers on a big farm and a bunch of kids and everyone will be so happy!) but i want to enrich and deepen my relationship with e while also loving and being loved by others.

we're very much exploring our options and gathering information and trying to figure out what's best for us, though.

so i'm here to learn and listen, and i'm definitely interested in making friends! i'm reading through this very helpful forum and e and i are reading Tristan Taormino's book Opening Up together. do you all have any do's or don'ts for very new newbies such as ourselves?

Welcome aboard.

Back