Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

Sounds like a good idea. It's just that it would require some work/effort, and I'm very lazy. Sorry ...

Several packages arrived today, including what I believe is the cats' new scratching post. I'm eager to see what it looks like. When Snowbunny gets home from work, we'll find out.

The cats love the new scratching post. It's bigger/taller than the previous one, with a square top that they can climb up to and sit on. On each side is a ball on a string; they like playing with that. Lady especially, likes everything about the new post. I left the old post nearby, no need to dispose of it if the rope hasn't actually broke yet. The cats still use the old one now and then, but the new one is by far their favorite.

So, I guess Christmas is basically ten days away. We (the V) might do something as a trio, which is fine, but on my own I wouldn't do anything for Christmas. I'm not a "holiday" type of guy, I stopped being one after Y2K.

But I'm always glad for a chance to get out of the house, or even just an opportunity to get out of my bedroom. So maybe we'll watch a movie on TV, I would like that.

Brother-Husband and Snowbunny both have the same days off right now, Saturdays and Sundays. His schedule could change back after the New Year. We'll have to see.

I hate mornings.

I wake up at 5:30 a.m., and can't get back to sleep. But all I want to do is lay in bed. Fear and depression make up a powerful cocktail. Today was a rare instance in which I got up before 7:00. Snowbunny's up, but Brother-Husband's still in bed. (It's now 8:52.)

No plans for today. We probably aren't going anywhere and aren't watching anything. Snowbunny has found an advantageous way to refinance the house, but part of the refinancing process is getting the house inspected, and there are things that would ding us in an inspection. So, working on those things is what's most likely to happen today.

Well not a lot happened yesterday ... at one point Brother-Husband and Snowbunny went out to get some hardware materials. Then Snowbunny and I went grocery shopping. While we were out we picked up some food, pizza for Brother-Husband and Snowbunny, Taco Bell for me (at my request). For some reason pizza doesn't excite me like it did in the good old days.

Today, Brother-Husband and Snowbunny are working on our wooden kitchen counters. Sanding them and staining them. Possibly we might eat out tonight, we'll have to see.

P.S. Yesterday, Brother-Husband got up like right after I posted yesterday's entry. I'm just sayin'.

As it says in today's Wikipedia headlines, "In the United States, the Amtrak Cascades passenger train derails on the inaugural run of the Point Defiance Bypass in DuPont, Washington, killing six people and injuring more than 77 others." This is rather close to home, the freeway is (still) closed (I think), traffic is being routed through Yelm and there is a lot of congestion. Snowbunny was let off work early because of the congestion.

One coat is done on the kitchen countertops, but I guess Snowbunny is planning to do a second coat tonight? Nothing can be put on the countertops right now, so dinner is going to be complicated assuming we are not eating out, and we're probably not eating out due to the traffic out there. We did eat out last night, at Pho Yelm.

It seems like Snowbunny might have been a little irritated with me a few hours ago. My coping mechanism is to lay low and wait for it to pass. It usually works, but I'm going to continue to lay low as there's a lot going on out there.

Today Snowbunny is working from home remote, I assume due to the traffic problem from the train wreck. They've been telling everyone to stay off the roads as much as possible. Brother-Husband is on the roads though, doing deliveries. I hope things don't get too bad for him. I don't know if they've opened the freeway yet. Probably not, it can't be easy to move a toppled train, and they also need to investigate the scene to try to figure out what went wrong. So maybe they don't even want to move anything yet.

They said on the news that SB I-5 might be closed for several days to accommodate the investigation and clean up. :(

I was afraid of that.

Snowbunny had to drive to work today nonetheless. As did Brother-Husband. I'm assuming they'll be on the road a long time coming home. Snowbunny wants to get clearance to drive through the military base (Joint Base Lewis-McChord) in case there's a traffic problem like this in the future. She plans to take up the matter with HR, apparently they might be able to get her that clearance? At the moment I guess the base is allowing a limited amount of people to go through.

So, last night, word went out that they had opened two lanes on the freeway (southbound). Not sure what they're doing with the third lane, fixing some damage I guess. I heard things got a little messy while they were trying to move the locomotive out of the way.

Snowbunny got out of work early again yesterday, though I guess the traffic was still pretty bad at that time.

Brother-Husband got home early yesterday, a little after 3:00 (p.m.) I think. Snowbunny got home shortly after, if I remember right. Today seems more average, Snowbunny got home about 25 minutes ago, Brother-Husband is not home yet but hopefully he won't be too much longer. Last night, Brother-Husband and I watched the first episode of "Psyche" on TV. We had already finished all the "IT Crowd" episodes, so we were looking for something new.

The, I don't know what you call it, waterproofing of the kitchen countertops continues. It is a slow and tedious process because every coat has to dry overnight before the next coat goes on. And in the meantime, we can't use the kitchen sink. And of course we can't put any stuff on the countertops. Even once all the coats are on, they still have to cure for a couple of weeks. Meantime, our house is scheduled to be inspected on January 3. So I'm assuming the countertops won't be a problem?

It was snowing for awhile earlier today, even though I thought it felt slightly less cold than usual when I poked my head out the door (checking for packages). So now we're at the start of a long weekend, I am assuming Brother-Husband and Snowbunny are both off on Christmas Day.

This concludes my riport.

Yes, they're both off on Christmas Day, and if I heard correctly, the three of us will go to my ex-SIL's house for a party on Christmas Day. I got all this during my chat with Snowbunny over dinner last night. Brother-Husband didn't get home until awhile after that.

Originally Brother-Husband was organizing a FetLife munch for today, this morning. However, due to the work Snowbunny wanted to get done today, Brother-Husband decided not to go to the munch. Other FetLifers still went to it though, I think.

It smells like another coat on the kitchen countertops in here. There's nothing fun planned for today, unless we eat out tonight. I guess that's possible. We're not planning to watch anything on TV.

The three of us went out for lunch yesterday ... a place between here and Tenino, I can't remember the name. It has both American and Chinese food. Why can't I remember the name. Something with a J ...

Then later yesterday, Brother-Husband and Snowbunny needed some stuff from Home Depot which is a bit of a drive. Snowbunny knows I like to get out so she invited me along; Brother-Husband opted to stay home. He and Snowbunny have like, three projects going on at the same time. Anyway, after shopping at Home Depot, there was a Little Caesar's right across the parking lot and we went there and got pizza for dinner. Little Caesar's is like, Brother-Husband's favorite.

Today, Snowbunny and I went grocery shopping, including some stuff we'll bring to the party tomorrow. While we were out, we stopped at El Rey Burro and got lunch (for all three of us, as with the pizza the night before). Since then, Brother-Husband and Snowbunny have been hard at work on those three projects, while I've been holed up in my room, stressing out over nothing. Pretty typical, other than the house being torn up for all the work to be done. Argh, bah humbug.

So, here we are, Christmas Day. We'll leave at 2:45 or 3:00 p.m. to go to my ex-SIL's house. It's 12:19 p.m. right now, there's a few inches of snow on the ground. The temperature is 35° and will get up to 37° today. With a low of 27°. From my limited experience, it doesn't usually get that cold here in the PNW. Over the next week we should get some rain with higher temps.

Snowbunny and I have an ongoing disagreement about one of our cats, Rainee. Rainee likes to sit on top of my bookcase. The only problem is, it's too high for her to be jumping down. Actually it's too high for her to jump up as well, so I follow cues from her, and boost her up there when she seems to want to go up, and help her down when she seems to want to come down. Snowbunny isn't thrilled about that because she's afraid someday I'll be in the bathroom and Rainee will jump down and hurt herself. Like broken leg hurt. Obviously I wouldn't want that to happen, but don't think it will. Rainee is pretty good about waiting for me to help her.

I guess my plan is, I'll continue to help Rainee get up there until Snowbunny orders me to stop doing it. Snowbunny doesn't seem to be 100% sure that's what she wants to do, like she doesn't *know* putting Rainee up there is a bad idea, she just feels uneasy about it. And I'm not exactly sure I'm "in the right" here either, obviously Rainee's well-being is what matters most. It would be hard to turn Rainee down, she seems to *really* enjoy her time up there. And I think she knows it's too far to jump, but I guess I better pray that I'm right ... :(

Anyway, she's up there right now. I'll bring her back down sometime before we leave.

We've been discussing different solutions on and off. One easy solution would be to set a cat tree next to the bookcase. And we have a cat tree, but it's in the living room, I don't know if Snowbunny would want us to move it. I guess I'll mention the idea sometime when it comes up.

So, the cat tree is now in my room, next to my bookcase. It has turned my room into a bit of an obstacle course, but the cats can now come and go as they please on the top of the bookcase, without assistance, and Snowbunny likes that a whole lot better. I have to say, I like it better myself.

Kind of weird that I didn't suggest this solution sooner. Hmmmm. Oh well, it's done now; and the cats won't break their legs.

All the coats are on the kitchen countertops now ... We can use the kitchen sink, but can't put anything on the countertops for a few weeks. Brother-Husband and Snowbunny have also been working on the nook that serves as our dining area. The painting is all done and the curtain rods are up, but the new light fixture hasn't been installed yet. We have been eating in the living room, in the meantime.

It is 53° outside and raining. Most or all of the snow has melted. The high is supposed to be 54°. The rest of this week, it will get up into the 40's, with lows in/around freezing. This concludes today's riport.

I first read it as "all the CATS are on the counter"! I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not.:p

Leetah

Back