The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

I'm back! Life is insane on a variety of fronts, but so far everyone is still breathing..... although I gave it my best shot to stop last week, apparently. I had no idea a tooth could kill you.

I had to get an inspection sticker for my truck today, but I couldn't find the registration. I asked my mechanic for a rejection sticker so it would be legal while I got a new registration paper, and he said "ok" but then did the inspection anyway and gave me a regular sticker. Still need to find that registration, but don't have to go back for an inspection.

Sorry I don't have anything more exciting to report. I'm just boring that way I guess.

Kind of floating at the moment. Had a great night with Karma and Pixi last night and Karma starts his new job tomorrow.

Okay, enough of bitchy, emo me. Heh.

How are things? Things are going along a lot better then they where. I've worked out a lot of the whys of how I've been feeling, started going to the local BDSM munches, working on cleaning out some emotional baggage, feeling better about my poly situation (even if dating sucks), and kicking ass at work. I'm amazed at how good of a mood I'm in considering I've been working 50+ hours a week for the past few months (which, in retrospect, was probably helping my depression along).

Been dragging a bit the last few days. So many things going on. Kind of exhausted by my divorce - the shit is starting up again and I just fired my good-for-nothing lawyer. Still feeling frustrated by the financial hole I am slowly digging myself out of. Analyzing my money situation and it is better but still a struggle. Looking for a roommate, but have lots of work to do on my apartment first. Feeling fat, a little lonely at times, but hopeful about my upcoming dates with a couple new guys. Liking my job but felt pangs of insecurity about my position there during these last few days. Feet hurting, knee hurting, back hurting, feeling old.

[sigh]

Last edited:
Feeling kind of lonely and detached the last couple of days due to my work schedule. I'm such a quality time and touch oriented person that working 10-12 hour days and getting home after the kiddo is in bed just sucks. I miss my routine, riding home in the evening with Wendigo and Runic Wolf, miss curling up on the couch watching TV with Runic Wolf, miss making dinner for my family, and on top of that, I miss sex. Once again, today, I will be getting out of work at 9pm and dealing with a 45 minute commute on snowy dark roads.

Tomorrow is promising to be better, with friends coming over after work, though Wendigo may not make it because he hurt his back at work yesterday. :(

Enjoying having poly actually work without drama. And enjoying building a friendship with Pixi. I needed a ride to my disability apt tomorrow and was offered a ride by someone I barely know. Karma and I weren't all that comfortable with that, so I took a leap and asked him to ask Pixi. I never thought I would be comfortable enough with a metamour to have her take me to an apt.

So right now, I'm happy.

I am happy to be back here after an accidental ban...

A lot has happened. My 19 yo son has lost his ever loving mind. Got aggressive with me and has moved out. So I lost my baby sitter. Which meant I lost my job.

Luckily I landed another quickly working as a personal assistant for a friend of 20yrs who has done well for himself. I work mostly from home but have to travel a bit due to the nature of the music industry. Love it.. I will be hitting several music festivals in Europe this summer my boyfriend Murf will be joining me.

Since I lost my babysitter.. I have had to make some changes to the rules of my relationships. ie the no Murf sleeping over at the house clause. Actually my husband Butch was the one who suggested lifting that rule. So now when Butch is working and Murf is off of work Murf spends the night here with me. Butch goes to the spare bedroom.

Oy, my feet are killing me right now. They are throbbing, or as my mother used to say, "My dogs are barking!" On days like this, I think I am too old for any job where I am on my feet all day. But I am so grateful to have this job, I will keep at it. I think I'll just buy me some epsom salts for a good foot soak...

I'd been intending to spend a night somewhere nice with my husband to celebrate his new job. My boyfriend Greg wanted to meet my ex-husband who's a bit off the beaten track here, and I found a cute local-ish rental with an awesome 3 night special which Adam talked me into booking, to kill two birds with one stone. Adam's going to take off work early and stay with me Friday. Greg is going to stay Saturday & my ex and his partner are cooking dinner for us. I just asked my partner Brian if he was free Sunday to stay the third night with me and he said yes *happy dance*.

I feel a bit conflicted about it cause well ...it is a bit weird, right? Greg is a newer relationship, and I've never gone anywhere with Brian in the two years we've been seeing each other... It was all encouraged by Adam (even his suggestion I ask Brian for the third night instead of staying by myself...I wouldn't have thought of having three lovers in three nights at a romantic couples retreat) and they all seem fine as far as I can tell with me spending the weekend like that. It's not for awhile yet so I guess I have plenty of time to freak out about it, or have something go wrong, but I didn't know where else to share this... :eek:

I feel a bit conflicted about it cause well ...it is a bit weird, right? Greg is a newer relationship, and I've never gone anywhere with Brian in the two years we've been seeing each other... It was all encouraged by Adam (even his suggestion I ask Brian for the third night instead of staying by myself...I wouldn't have thought of having three lovers in three nights at a romantic couples retreat) and they all seem fine as far as I can tell with me spending the weekend like that. It's not for awhile yet so I guess I have plenty of time to freak out about it, or have something go wrong, but I didn't know where else to share this... :eek:

it's not weird! actually this is one of my dream fantasies.. that I rent a nice cabin somewhere and all my loves come to visit me on consecutive nights, and then I'll spend another 2 nights all by myself, happily reminiscing :)

I am glad it is finally the weekend. This is my weekend with Murf. Butch is working so the kids and I are at Murfs til Sunday. Tomorrow we are taking one of the classic cars out with Murfs car club. Usually Murf is off tonight but he is working half a shift for someone who needed off for a family thing. But he will be crawling into bed with me tonight.

Hope every one has a fun weekend ahead of them.

Feeling tired, confused, questioning my ability to handle the stuff I have on my plate right now. I have this overwhelming urge to get away from everyone and everything... :confused:

My partner has a (first) date tomorrow :D I'm both excited for them and excited that I feel compersion not jealousy :D /Wheeee

Sometimes, I just fucking hate being a secondary :( The role doesn't suit me well.

Its been a long time since I posted here. Last September I think.

On to the interesting stuff. Gamerboy and I were separated from September to mid December, got back together for 2-3 months for me to realize things still weren't working. Suffice it to say everything BLEW UP and all sorts of truths came flying out. We're trying the cohabitation thing for the time being and the stress associated with that has been about as must fun as a barrel of flaming monkeys.

Longer story short, we also made a big move to a bigger city two states away. Holy shit its awesome here and I feel at home. :D Bigger city has meant more opportunity for adventure and meeting new people. yehaw

is "i died" an 80's thing? If yes-means-yes, then you know.

Well a good couple of days went down the toilet.

About 6 weeks ago found out I have a severe anaphlytic allergy to raw tomatoes. I have been battling breathing issues with bronchitis since then. I have felt like Hades for weeks. I had bloodwork and other tests. I have hypoxemia. I was supposed to leave for Europe Sunday for business . I have been told flying could cause cardiac or respiratory failure. My boss has forbidden me to fly. My problem is Murf was supposed to go with me. He was looking forward to going. Now he is upset. Very upset. This may kill my relationship.

Holy mother-effing moley... when it rains, it pours. Apparently, literally. I need to vent like crazy. Sorry for the unload, folks.

Been thinking about starting a blog thread, but haven't taken the time. Oh well.

Relationship has been going well. Had some metamour-related issues a couple weeks ago... she really wanted us to be close friends, sisterly even, and it's just not happening. We spend time together once in a while, but eh. No click. She thought that maybe if we kept trying, it'd happen. I felt like it was starting to become a bit pressured - that I wasn't getting close on the proper timetable, and I started getting put off and pulled back (exact opposite reaction than what she wanted). Big long conversation later, and it's now clear that it may never happen, and we'll put no expectations on our friendship. It's now much more relaxed, and I'm feeling pretty good about that. My relationship with my partner has been wonderful as well... We just celebrated an anniversary, and we've been kinda mooshy-gooshy since then.

Which is nice, because the rest of the world seems to be falling apart. Mom (who survived breast cancer after a mastectomy a few years back) has to go back in to get a lump and a swollen lymph node looked at. Sigh.

Sister is drifting, homeless, and (according to her BF) on meth. As crappy as it is, I do NOT want to have her come back and live with my mother when she's going to be dealing with oncologist appointments and the whole shebang.

I've had an abnormal pap, and I get to go in for a colposcopy in a few weeks in order to determine why.

And my partner's other home with his OSO is flooding like crazy, so after fixing my mother's brakes, he's now driving 1.5 hours to take care of the apartment from hell (luckily, they're moving within a week).

Gah.

On the plus side, the kids have a busy weekend (dance recital, soccer tourney), so we'll have some fun stuff to distract us.

Sigh. I may have an extra brownie tonight. Or an extra beer. Mom's staying overnight. I may need one. ;)

(Well, nevermind - she's eating all my brownies! GAH!)

Last edited:
Back