Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

I`ve learned in the last 9 days;
How fantastic possibilities can be, when they come to fruction. How very beautiful things are, when relationships are really meant to exsist. How lovely it feels, to naturally trust someone.
I`ve also learned, the power that comes from communication; that is not a result of force, or persussion, but coming from a natural place of like-minds.
I`ve marveled over the never-ending, unconditional love, I feel in my marriage to my husband. How lovely it is to see him enjoying, learning, and engaging himself in the process.
I`ve also had my soul awakened and stretched. Feeling the intensity and raw power of new love grow and get heady with the zipper of completion. Something that my boyfriend Ariakas and I, both really needed.
The warmth, awe, and respect I feel for his lovely wife, Pengrah, is also a another fascinating aspect. What a doll she is ! I truly enjoyed her company and humour.
I`ve learned, and I am hungry to learn more. I look forward to the challenges of opening my mind with regards to being 'out' informing our children, (if and when), in a age-appropriate manner one day.

Yeah,..life isn`t to shabby right now. :cool:

:) Happy thoughts. Teared up a bit. Good for you! And Ari and Pengrah and your hubs! REALLY HAPPY! :cool:

How fantastic possibilities can be, when they come to fruction. How very beautiful things are, when relationships are really meant to exsist. How lovely it feels, to naturally trust someone.
I`ve also learned, the power that comes from communication; that is not a result of force, or persuassion, but coming from a natural place of like-minds.

I`ve marveled over the never-ending, unconditional love, I feel in my marriage to my husband. How lovely it is to see him enjoying, learning, and engaging himself in the process.

I`ve also had my soul awakened and stretched. Feeling the intensity and raw power of new love grow and get heady with the zipper of completion. Something that my boyfriend Ariakas and I, both really needed.

The warmth, awe, and respect I feel for his lovely wife Pengrah, is also a another fascinating aspect. What a doll she is ! I truly enjoyed her company and humour.

I`ve learned, and I am hungry to learn more. I look forward to the challenges of opening my mind with regards to being 'out'. Or,informing our children, (if and when)....in a age-appropriate manner one day.

Yeah,..life isn`t to shabby right now. :cool:

*grinning for you!!*

I`ve also learned, the power that comes from communication; that is not a result of force, or persuassion, but coming from a natural place of like-minds.

The warmth, awe, and respect I feel for his lovely wife Pengrah, is also a another fascinating aspect. What a doll she is ! I truly enjoyed her company and humour.

I`ve learned, and I am hungry to learn more. I look forward to the challenges of opening my mind with regards to being 'out'. Or,informing our children, (if and when)....in a age-appropriate manner one day.

Yeah, life isn`t too shabby right now. :cool:

I really couldn't have said it any better. It captures a lot of my thoughts and feelings about how this is going. Not that that is surprising. We have very similar thought processes.

I learned a lot myself, things that were counter to what I had always believed. Besides falling in love with you, I fell in love with your kids. I think a switch has been flicked and I really felt joy to be around kids. My legs still hurt from playing football with the boys.

I took away more patience. I want to build this as far as it will go. It's truly amazing to watch our spouses go through some of the more interesting aspects of being poly spouses, while you and I can sit there and analyze. I guess that's what this last bunch of months has done for us, shown us a lot of good and bad examples. That, in and of itself, will help us build a strong relationship with each other.

So much learned and so much more to learn. Only thing I regret is the distance.

Love ya, sweety.

I came out to my dad today. And it wasn't a disaster. It was pretty much what I'd expected. He's processing and will get back to me. Frankly, I'm willing to class this "not a failure" as a success. :D I feel like my life has rotated 90 degrees on some axis I didn't even know existed until now. :eek:

I came out to my Dad today. And it wasn't a disaster. It was pretty much what I'd expected. He's processing and will get back to me.

Frankly, I'm willing to class this "not a failure" as a success. :D

I feel like my life has rotated 90 degrees on some axis I didn't even know existed until now. :eek:

Not a failure is always a good thing!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

I kinda feel lucky in that regard. I don't care what my mother and step-father think of me, so I don't bother hiding anything from them. Mo's mother and father pretty much know she's bi, although the poly thing hasn't been approached yet...

as far as my dad and step mom go, well.... my dad and I are so much alike, I kinda expect him to laugh and ask what took me so long. :)

So yeah, While I can't really emphathise with you, I ca still be happy for you, and happy for me for being lucky. :)

I kinda feel lucky in that regard. I don't care what my mother and step-father think of me, so I don't bother hiding anything from them. Mo's mother and father pretty much know she's bi, although the poly thing hasn't been approached yet...

as far as my dad and step mom go, well.... my dad and I are so much alike, I kinda expect him to laugh and ask what took me so long. :)

So yeah, While I can't really emphathise with you, I ca still be happy for you, and happy for me for being lucky. :)

Oh that's awesome!

I think it's a sex thing with my dad. He got a bigger sex talk from me when he started dating than I ever got from him and mother! (Which was nothing.)

"Dad, no matter what they say, they can STILL GET PREGNANT. So wrap it up!!"

Thanks to B my wife made it through TWO WEEKS of her parents coming to visit. I know it doesn't sound like much but believe me, it is a miracle. Now that is a polyamorous success story if there ever was one!

A more conventional success story? The three of us have fallen hopelessly madly in love with each other...almost no such thing as a bad day any more. Words can't describe how happy the three of us are...

Last night, Redpepper and Derbylicious arranged and prepared a great evening with an all-British theme. We ate lots of unhealthy food and tonnes of dessert andcandy. There were about 12 people in total who visited, and the diversity in the room was, as always, amazing and heart-warming. There were Redpepper with her three partners, another friend with her two men, GeminiGirl and HonestHeart from the forums, a woman who used to be an active swinger, a lesbian couple and of course, Redpepper's son until bedtime.

It was warm and inviting RP and Derby outdid themselves and everyone enjoyed the conversations that fluctuated between light to pretty deep.

Friends and family coming together in such a positive way is always a story of success and happiness for me. :)

I think Redpepper will be happy to get me downstairs, just so she can offer her hide-a-bed to other people who could use an overnight stay. Derby, we could have shared. I'm pretty safe. ;)

I think Redpepper will be happy to get me downstairs just so she can offer her hide-a-bed to other people who could use a night over stay....Derby :)....although we could have shared, I'm pretty safe ;)

The sitter would have kicked my ass if I didn't go home though. Although it would be funny to tell everyone we slept together :D

Last night Redpepper and Derbylicious arranged and prepared a great evening with an all British theme. We ate lots of unhealthy food and tonnes of dessert/candy. There were about 12 people in total who visited and the diversity in the room was as always amazing and heart warming. There was Redpepper with her three partners, another friend with her two men, GiminiGirl and HonestHeart from the forums, a woman who used to be an active swinger, a lesbian couple and of course Redpepper's son until bedtime LOL!

It was warm and inviting, RP and Derby out did themselves and everyone enjoyed conversations that fluctuated between light to pretty deep.

Friends and family coming together in such a positve way is always a story of success and happiness for me :)

I think Redpepper will be happy to get me downstairs just so she can offer her hide-a-bed to other people who could use a night over stay....Derby :)....although we could have shared, I'm pretty safe ;)

Congratulations on such a successful evening!

Feeling anything but happy and empowered today.

I hate feeling helpless and powerless to change a situation that MUST be changed. It has nothing to do with poly or even family, and everything to do with a situation at work which has taken away my ability to be happy and healthy, mostly because I'm stressing over it, which is starting to head down the road to depression. Whether I'm stressing or not, it's not healthy for ME.

I'm working on getting the situation resolved in an amicable as possible way. I am just really frustrated, because I have to work around everyone else's work schedule, which I have to bend over backwards in order to do. No one works around my schedule. I have to work around theirs.

I'm also working on happy thoughts and heading off the depression before I have to take it to the doctor. I shouldn't have to depend on pills to be happy, when a simple change in shifts would accomplish the same thing. I don't want to, but if I have to, I will, get a doctor's note stating that I need to stay home, because it will totally mess things up if it's a choice between changing shifts or being laid off.

Sorry, didn't mean to make this into a drama. I'm just fed up. Sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Amazing week.

Am I the only woman logged in right now, or what?

You know that I am going to be so much happier when we live closer to you guys, right? It sucks being stuck in this damn freezing state when the most awesome people I know are too far away to run over and hang with on the weekend!

Amazing week.

Am I the only woman logged in right now or what?

You know that I am going to be so much happier when we live closer to you guys, right? It sucks being stuck in this damn freezing state when the most awesome people I know are too far away to run over and hang with on the weekend!

Aw shucks.
You still planning on a fall trip to beautiful BC? :)

Back