Metamour Visit

Marcus

So PT (IVs boyfriend from Georgia) and his wife CT came to Texas to visit IV for about a week. I've met PT before and he is a really sweet guy, kind of goofy and super easy to get along with. CT was much the same, though she had a bit more of a cynical edge to her which didn't hurt her chances in getting along with me :)

We had a couple of 'clan' visits including the Ts (PT and CT), the Vs (IV and CV), and myself and it was a lot of fun. We all told stories, chatted about life, religion, lite politics, relating, experiences... it was really great. As a group, at least for the short term, we clearly had a lot of fundamentals in common. There was a moment when everyone was swapping stories and I found myself having insecurity issues but it was minor and all in all I consider it a grand success.

This is a first for me so I am thrilled it went as well as it did.

I actually found myself compelled to text IV today and tell her that the Ts visiting made my feelings for her grow. I'm not sure exactly the nature of this feeling but it's sure there. Maybe it was getting to experience another part of her world with her, sharing a feeling of community, I'm not sure.

So right now IV is your only girlfriend/partner/relationship? And how many does she have total? Does the other guy that lives with her and you have any others? I'm just trying to figure out where it all goes...

So right now IV is your only girlfriend/partner/relationship? And how many does she have total? Does the other guy that lives with her and you have any others? I'm just trying to figure out where it all goes...

Currently IV is the only person I'm dating. I have flirting interests but no one I would consider a partner.

IV is dating CV and PT (and CT, arguably). That's it as far as I know currently.

CV has a gf in town, a couple in NY (where they are from) but I'm not really privy to many of the details.

I actually found myself compelled to text IV today and tell her that the Ts visiting made my feelings for her grow. I'm not sure exactly the nature of this feeling but it's sure there. Maybe it was getting to experience another part of her world with her, sharing a feeling of community, I'm not sure.

Mmmm... that sounds so nice. Comforting. I'm glad you wrote about that -- it made me feel good to read it.

Mmmm... that sounds so nice. Comforting. I'm glad you wrote about that -- it made me feel good to read it.

STOP ATTACKING ME AND TELLING ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE

Hehe, sorry. That really made me chuckle to type though.

Yes, it's been a very enlightening ~week for me. I have been intellectually independent and theoretically polyamorous for years but this situation has given me the opportunity to verify that this is... in fact... right where I belong.

Not to say that there won't be changes and hard times to come, just that experiencing them in this type of environment is preferable.

STOP ATTACKING ME AND TELLING ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE

Hehe, sorry. That really made me chuckle to type though.

Yeah me too but... HOW DARE YOU MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT MY MARRIAGE!!!11!!1~

*snicker*

All silliness aside, getting closer to your partner's "inner circle" always seems to feel really good... at least to me. I'm glad you enjoyed the moment. It sounds like a fun time. :)

Back