Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Site Usage > User Guidelines & Forum Features

Notices

Old 03-09-2018, 06:59 PM

Thanks, II, for clarifying. I think it's a bit odd that River is suddenly so aggressively demanding admins "improve" or dump the Unicorn Hunter containment area, just to fulfill his desire to find friends or lovers in his small town.

Quote:
Dump it. It's crap.
Really now.

And he won't see this because it's apparent he still has me on ignore from years ago.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 63), dating... again!
Pixi (poly, F, 41) my darling nesting partner since January 2009
Master, (mono, M, 37), Pixi's Dom/bf since April 2013
Old 03-09-2018, 09:15 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Thanks, II, for clarifying. I think it's a bit odd that River is suddenly so aggressively demanding admins "improve" or dump the Unicorn Hunter containment area, just to fulfill his desire to find friends or lovers in his small town.

Really now.

And he won't see this because it's apparent he still has me on ignore from years ago.
Magdlyn, I have only one person in these fora on ignore, and it isn't you. However, if you continue to misrepresent my words' meaning through exaggeration of this sort, I may eventually add you to the list. I'm sure that would not bother you.

"Aggressively demanding" is an inaccurate interpretation of the spirit of my words. I did say that the section in question is "crap" and that it'd probably be better to dump it than to keep it. But that's hardly a demand -- and everyone agrees (so far) that the section is crap.

No one -- not a single person -- in my life sees me as "aggressively demanding," as my way of being with people is so obviously quite the opposite of that. I do, however, often speak my mind in a very direct way. Being direct is hardly identical with being demanding. I did so in my terse suggestion that perhaps it would be better to get rid of the Dating & Friendships on account of it being poorly designed for its ostensible (to any outsider) function. Now I understand that it is actually serving just the function it was intended for, which is not its ostensible function. Kinda reminds me of the current US EPA that way.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:33 AM

It seems you two might have to take this argument to PM's and hug it out.

People can read source posts for themselves here... so it isn't necessary to add spin.
There's also a difference between hammering an inanimate object, and poking at people, especially as it concerns the guidelines.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Old 03-10-2018, 05:34 AM
Stealth Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenAngelina View Post
Emm, didn't you say once that you are in touch with him?
No. You may be thinking of my reply to a similar question (possibly Al99's?), where I mentioned some of the details in the post rauhajoule quoted.

Tags
locations, places