Hello there!

kaboose102

I am a 20 year old male. Not long ago my girlfriend (of more than 4 years) and I have started opening up to each other and she recently told me she was polyamous. We are going to try it out in the next couple of months, but for now we are going to make sure our relationship is as healthy as we can have it. If anyone has any tips or pointers, they would be much appreciated! I am very new to this, but I want to learn more.

Hi and welcome! Seems like kaboose and Savior are the couple opening up... right?

You have a good starting point, IMO. Both young and willing to get more experiences, and lucky enough to understand that you do not need to abandon the existing relationship for that. Good luck to your journey!

My advice is: keep on reading about poly. This forum is a great resource, and there are plenty of others, too.

Hi kaboose,
Welcome to our forum.

I think I'd give you advice identical to what I gave SaviorOfTheWakingWorld; that is, start with our Golden Nuggets board, which teaches you the basics of polyamory. From there, explore various and sundry of our boards and threads, according to what calls to you. Post any thoughts, questions, experiences, or concerns you may wish to share. In time, you'll have a dialog going with several good members who can share their perspectives and offer support.

In general, communication is your best friend -- especially thorough, honest, considerate communication. You might even want to do a search or tag search for the word "communication."

Good luck; I hope you both have a good experience here!

Regards,
Kevin T.

Back