Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 07-30-2018, 03:03 PM

I personally love to cook and cook for myself most days, but I live in Seattle and could literally get delivery from hundreds of restaurants at the drop of hat. It's very easy to get in the habit of ordering in or picking up takeout, especially if you work all day.

- Moonlight, single, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy, ultimately amicable breakup), and his 11-year-old son Kiddo
Old 07-30-2018, 10:39 PM

I'd go broke if I tried to eat out/order in every night!

We've had a small windfall so I told Mike I'd like to buy one of his artworks I've had my eye on. He was a little coy about it. I'm confused. He knew I would. I "bags'd" it months ago.

I'm now about 6 days into my task for Lance. The agreement is that I get my butt out for a vigorous walk every day (well, I had Sunday as a rest day) and send him a photo every day of something from the circuit. It's effective LOL. On Saturday that was the only thing that got me out of the house. But I've found a route I like doing that will be easy to extend as I get fitter. I'm already noticing the fitness difference (heart and lungs) and it's not even a week.

I'm currently working on an assignment and finding it very frustrating. I have two days to be happy with it. I'll get there.
Jen: 32F, US based, Lance's GF

My NZ friends of varying intimacies: Chalk, Cheese, Tech, Siege, Golf, Mike, Shakespeare.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:23 AM

Walking took a hiatus after a something went really wrong with my calf muscle. I think it was a nasty cramp. It's still a little sore so I went for a short, gentle walk today.

I spoke with Lance this morning. He's about to have some big changes starting. He's made a decision to sell everything up and go travelling for a bit. I don't think he'll travel this far. Jen would likely have opinions about that. He's hoping to go back to the States for a couple of weeks ASAP. I got a little afraid again, because he's already shown that when he's there he's out of contact. He's not talking about staying there, but then he could be going to propose and get her (and her kids) the appropriate visas to be able to take them with him. I have no idea. We haven't talked about his last trip. But he's turning his life upside down. I'm excited for him, without a doubt. I will be the cheering squad no matter what. I'm very afraid of not being a part of his life any more, but there's not much I can do about that if it happens. I can't offer what Jen can, and I suspect their connection is a remarkable one. So, I'll keep doing whatever it is he and I are doing in this fuzzy space we hold for each other. And when it needs to change, it will.

(this may read like a good imitation of emotional management, but I'm on the verge of tears, again.)

My NZ friends of varying intimacies: Chalk, Cheese, Tech, Siege, Golf, Mike, Shakespeare.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:17 AM

Mike told me today that things with his sub are waning. He's a little confused as she hasn't been communicative. I haven't told him that a former Dom of hers has told me this is her m.o. - she doesn't break up with someone, she just drifts.

Once upon a time I would have been all, "ooo, pick me next please!" but I'm a little surprised that I am now not so needy for him. I mostly like where we're at, and I've told him as much. Our fuzzy space is also supportive friends, as a foundation. I guess I keep focusing on having a plate and a half full of studies right now. I'll catch up with him sometime after my next practicum is over.