Hi, everyone! ***waves shyly***

Brighty18

Hello!

As you probably surmised by the fact that I am posting in the Introductions Forum, I am new here. So please excuse any breeches of etiquette I might commit.

I live in Taos, NM, and am currently in a poly relationship with two truly wonderful men - who are also in a relationship with each other. We live together as a family, share a bed, and consider ourselves to be one another's partners. A. is my legal husband of eleven years, and C. is our partner who has been with us for almost two years. Though I said that we all live together as a family, that is not quite true. A. and I have always lived together, and C. left for a year to finish school (east coast university) and will be returning in a week. He's spent all his vacations here and lived with us for six months when he was farming with us, so I think that counts. ;)

I get the impression that our situation is a little unusual. Is that true?

I'm also not sure how I identify as far as my sexuality is concerned - or if I feel the need to identify at all. C. identifies as queer.

Being as I live in a rural area outside of a very small (mostly tourist) town, I don't get to meet many poly people in person, so I'm looking forward to meeting more people online. We are all three very open about our relationship. Our families and most friends know, and, for the most part, accept it. Still, I would like to have a support group with other people with similar experiences.

That's pretty much it. I suppose I should say something about who I am personally... I've grew-up in So Ca, went to college and taught high school in WA state, moved to Boston so A. could to to school, moved to OH, so he could get his Masters, moved to rural OH to start a sustainable farming project, and then moved to NM to continue to be an organic farmer. We know longer produce a lot of food, but still garden and are into the farming scene. I work for a non-profit, A. works in shipping, and C. just graduated and is looking for a job. We're all into reading, history, nature, and community activism.

I'm looking forward to meeting people, and I hope this is fun. :)

Greetings Brighty18,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

FWIW, I think there's a poly group in Santa Fe, but regardless of whether you end up pursuing that, I think you'll find that Polyamory.com is a valuable resource. You can meet many friends here, and can get many of your questions answered and concerns addressed.

I wouldn't say your situation is all that unusual, certainly not as far as polyamory is concerned. The most common poly unit around as far as I can tell is a three-person unit, a triad or a V. Perhaps being organic farmers puts you more in the "unusual camp," but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Anyway, glad you could join us, and I hope you'll enjoy your stay.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back